Roku may lose YouTubeTV access

Dear Roku Customer,

We are disappointed to share the news that Google has chosen to let the YouTube TV contract expire.

While this news is unfortunate, we wanted to let you know that we are taking an extra step to ensure existing Roku users like yourself retain access to YouTube TV while we work to reach an agreement.

We will always stand up for our users, which is why we cannot accept Google's unfair and anticompetitive requirements that would allow for the manipulation of your search results, impact the usage of your data and ultimately cost you more.

Our commitment is to always put your interests first and therefore we will continue to offer existing users access to YouTube TV unless Google takes actions that require the full removal of the channel. New subscribers will not be allowed at this time. It is also important that you do not delete the YouTube TV channel as it will not be available for download to Roku devices.

I have the Shield ( bought a second one) ready to go, installed all the apps that are on the Roku except AppleTV which is not available on the Shield, but heard it is on the new GoogleTV/Chromecast.

Then blahh...nothing special about youtube tv that you cant get somewhere else
You must never of tried it, unlimited DVR with no fees, no extra bo:mad:s)or channel fees ( you can keep paying that $16 broadcast TV channels to Comcast), 1080P picture, etc

So they won't kill the app on your device if it is already installed, although YTTV insinuates that ROKU may disable the app at some point down the road.

I'm likely going to drop both, move to FireStick, pick up AT&T along with the following "local" teams in Las Vegas.

I have Giants, A's, Warriors and Kings.

With ATT I pick up Dodgers, Angels, Padres Dbacks, Lakers, Clippers, Suns, and the Golden Knights. Hopefully the household gets used to it. I am not a pawn of Roku or YTTV...enough is enough.

I have a Shield which I would rather use because of the superior picture, my wife would hate it since it will involve switching inputs on the TV and the Denon, also that is two more remotes to use, she much prefers it now, turn on the TV (TCL 8 Series) click on the app, done and thanks to ARC, the receiver volume is also controlled by the Roku Remote
Tried to show my wife about switching inputs and using 3 remotes ( Roku TV remote to switch inputs, Denon to control the sound and the inputs on it and then the Shield remote for YTTV), no go, she feels like that we went back in time with 8 remotes on the coffee table.

So if the app goes away, we will be dropping YTTV and either to Hulu Live or just leaving paid Live TV.

I do love the Shield, I pointed out to my wife the much better picture, she, of course, gives the typical wife response and says she cannot tell the difference.

I'd be willing to try AT&T TV or Hulu Live at this point, but my wife is now used to YTTV, so switching will require some significant reason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts