Roku Noknok Channel (Beta)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Is 'cloud' functionally the same as torrent? Is this something that is going to get shut down in a few weeks over copyright issues, or is Roku paying licensing fees for the programming?

If this is simply file sharing of some sort, I am not going to get too excited as we have watched these schemes come and go over the years. We do need an IP based alternative to cable/satellite, hopefully with PPV and/or ala-carte ordering, but I am not holding my breath.

Is 'cloud' functionally the same as torrent? Is this something that is going to get shut down in a few weeks over copyright issues, or is Roku paying licensing fees for the programming?

If this is simply file sharing of some sort, I am not going to get too excited as we have watched these schemes come and go over the years. We do need an IP based alternative to cable/satellite, hopefully with PPV and/or ala-carte ordering, but I am not holding my breath.
not quite the same thing. most channel developers take EXISTING web content and just put it in a form to watch on a ROKU (Internet Streamer) ..they usually dont take cable networks and stream them on the internet (clearly illegal)..is this legal? depend if the owner of the website agrees to be converted to a ROKU format or not. Public ROKU channels are usually legit..private ones u take your chances with

with access to TBS,CNN and other cable networks

That's CNN International, which someone already has a channel plugin for. Not sure about TBS, but other channel plugins for the icons they list are not "live" channels, however they have content on certain shows, which are available on their websites.

One advantage to their idea, is to stream the content (local music, tv, etc and internet content) to your box in the form that you need (transcode) it, similar to some DLNA server software out there. However, the Roku is not a real DLNA client and needs a special channel to receive the content.

There's another new one, that could be used for local content, called subsonictv (Subsonic TV - Enjoy your music library on your TV). Currently, they are working on music only. I tried the Roku channel and it will only get the music listing and cover art; I assume they will make progress over the next few months...

there is a 'live version of CNNI,BBC,cspan1,2,3 and several other newschannels on "nowheretv" a "private" ROKU channel..The ROKU news channel is the one that has the channel plugins

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)