Roku Trouble

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HDJim

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 22, 2009
Detroit
Anybody been having trouble with playback errors on their Roku 3? I watch a lot of NHL games through NHL Game Center Live and lately, I'll be watching a game and the picture drops off and a window pops up that says PLAYBACK ERROR and proceeds to tell you that you may have to unplug your device and start over and if it continues to contact Roku. It's happened numerous times in the last week and I've unplugged it nearly as many times but it still happens. Never had any trouble with at all until the last week or so. And I don't really know if it does this on other channels, since the NHL one is what I usually watch on it.

I don't watch the NHL channel, but I haven't had any problems with my Roku 3 lately. In the past I have had the video get choppy and freeze a few times on me and a reboot of my router took care of it.

A friend of mine was asking me about his Roku 3 Thursday because he was having problems with it hanging up, he has Charter cable and it seems they changed their DNS servers recently, a reboot of his router took care of it.

Usually happens once during a game am watching. I just hit "watch" or "live" (whatever the button is) and resume watching. Never did I need to reboot anything (routers reboot every morning at 3am).

I suspect its more or less an issue w/ the broadcast/NHLGCL's end.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts