roku vs roku 2

avg1joe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
Southern Maine
I currently have netgear roku xd player. Overall I'm very satisfied with it for watching netflix and occasionally other channels. I was very disappointed by my hulu plus trial but that had more to do with hulu than the roku. Occassionally my roku has a brain fart and doesn't respond. Unplugging it resolves the issue. My question is: Is there any reason I should upgrade to the roku 2? Is the roku 2 better or worse in any tangible way? I'm satisfied with the resolution and connections on my current box. I don't need the roku to play games.

Only have experience with the roku2 xd.It has been very smooth with just one brain fart since I have had it.It does very well at what it's advertised to do.2 cons for me with the xd.
1.No ethernet port
2.No spdif output.

Other than that its a great little box.

I have a Roku 2XD. Once in a while I get a freeze up but only if you send too many commands thru the remote quickly.. VUDU has most movies an TV episodes in 1080P. I have been watching Hell on Wheels. The picture is outstanding. I am using a Netgear dual band wireless router. Never a buffering problem.

Have you checked for a firmware/software update on your existing Roku box? They're usually automatic, but....you can always check for one, however in the main menu/lineup under the obvious ROKU system menu, and if there is one that has not been pushed to your box, you can take it manually! Expect a reboot after the update.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)