Romeo Crennel to be fired after season

So Crennel gets the boot, but Phil Savage stays:confused:

I agree! he's as much at fault as romeo. as far as cowher and marty i think it would be a good thing. they will definitely start winning games with any of those two. i know you guys don't like'em but bill did win a SB finally and Marty might be able to figure it out this time. i can tell you that the chargers are regretting ever making that move. norv turner is only a good coordinator at best. i don't know when gm's are going to realize this.

So Crennel gets the boot, but Phil Savage stays:confused:

We had 10 wins last year and missed out on the playoffs at the hands of a tie-breaker. There were many in-game tactical decisions that were very questionable this season. Also, not getting your team to perform to their abilities lies on the coach, not the GM.

We had 10 wins last year and missed out on the playoffs at the hands of a tie-breaker. There were many in-game tactical decisions that were very questionable this season. Also, not getting your team to perform to their abilities lies on the coach, not the GM.

That was a very weak schedule in 2007, this is the abilities that you are seeing now. Romeo doesn't drop every other pass like Braylon Edwards or 4th down conversions like Kellen Winslow. Romeo doesn't go out and throw interceptions. Cleveland has a talent problem, not a coaching problem, that is the fault of the GM

That was a very weak schedule in 2007, this is the abilities that you are seeing now. Romeo doesn't drop every other pass like Braylon Edwards or 4th down conversions like Kellen Winslow. Romeo doesn't go out and throw interceptions. Cleveland has a talent problem, not a coaching problem, that is the fault of the GM

While I agree that while players should hold more accountability on the field, Romeo is indeed awful. If you watched every game as I do, you would come to the same conclusion instead of taking the former Patriots coordinators side.

*EDITED TO LIST A MORE IN-DEPTH REASONING.....

RAC doesn't know how to use timeouts when appropriate, nor does he challenge plays that he should. He's stubborn as hell and has unfounded loyalties towards veterans and refuses to play younger playmakers that are better options. For instance, why the hell does Jamal Lewis get so many carries while Jerome Harrison (nicknamed "Ghost" in Cleveland for his limited appearances), who averages 8ypc barely ever sees playing time? Same can be said for him dragging his feet to make a decision on the starting QB. Everyone could see Derek Anderson was a 1-trick pony last year and when struggling this year, RAC lacked the balls to switch to Quinn. A Romeo coached team has historically underachieved (with the exception of the Giants game). His team lacks emotion, much like him and that is a reflection on himself.

Bottom line: through 4 seasons, RAC is 24-37 and worse than what Butch Davis (24-36) accomplished with much less talent. Under RAC, this team has finished no higher than 2nd place in the AFC North, which is completely unacceptable. Good coaches are tactically sound. They make the right decisions when under pressure. They are able to coach up their players and get the most out of them. Instead, Romeo has coached down the players and I feel we're failing because of him, not in spite of him.

Good bye RAC. Your a good man, but an awful coach.

Last edited:
Take a look at the Marty Schottenheimer Coaching Tree. Very impressive. I just have my reservations with being 65-years-old and all. Realistically, how long can he continue coaching once this team is back on track? With that said, Marty would be a humongous improvement over RAC.

Schottenheimer_Coaching_Tree.GIF

Take a look at the Marty Schottenheimer Coaching Tree. Very impressive. I just have my reservations with being 65-years-old and all. Realistically, how long can he continue coaching once this team is back on track? With that said, Marty would be a humongous improvement over RAC.

Actually Dungy started as a coach for Noll.

I would LMAO if this happened! Damn that would be funny! :D

Why? I don't think you Yinzer's knew how good you had it. A few bulletin points on The Chin....

• Cowher is only the second coach in NFL history to lead his team to the playoffs in each of his first six seasons as head coach, joining Pro Football Hall of Fame member Paul Brown.
  • In Cowher’s 15 seasons, the Steelers captured eight division titles, earned ten postseason playoff berths, played in 21 playoff games, advanced to six AFC Championship games and made two Super Bowl appearances. He is one of only six coaches in NFL history to claim at least seven division titles.
  • Cowher's record as a head coach is 149-90-1 (161-99-1 including playoff games).

So I can blame Schottenheimer for MARINELLI?

Why? I don't think you Yinzer's knew how good you had it. A few bulletin points on The Chin....

• Cowher is only the second coach in NFL history to lead his team to the playoffs in each of his first six seasons as head coach, joining Pro Football Hall of Fame member Paul Brown.
  • In Cowher’s 15 seasons, the Steelers captured eight division titles, earned ten postseason playoff berths, played in 21 playoff games, advanced to six AFC Championship games and made two Super Bowl appearances. He is one of only six coaches in NFL history to claim at least seven division titles.
  • Cowher's record as a head coach is 149-90-1 (161-99-1 including playoff games).
True. And maybe if the Browns hire him he could talk "The Bus" out of retirement and get him to Cleveland! :p

Since the Browns return, we've tried the highly accomplished coordinators and college coaches as our Head Coach. The only thing we haven't tried is one with actual NFL head coaching experience. I think that's the route they want to go now and with that said, the list to chose from is limited.

It's still really early, wait till more coaches get fired before you pick someone, you'll have a wider of variety then :)

Oh, SNAP! Talk about going old school! Now this I like.........

Schottenheimer says coaching Cleveland Browns "unlikely" but wouldn't mind working with Cowher

BEREA -- Marty Schottenheimer said during an interview today on Sirius NFL Radio that it's unlikely he'd return to Cleveland to become head coach of the Browns again, but admitted he was intrigued about the possibility of returning in a front-office role with Bill Cowher as coach.

"That would be very interesting for a couple of reasons,'' Schottenheimer said on The Sirius Blitz. "You know, Bill and I have remained very, very close friends throughout our NFL careers and it goes back to when he was a player and I was an assistant. I would be less than candid if I didn't say that that is, at the very least, intriguing.

Schottenheimer says coaching Cleveland Browns "unlikely" but wouldn't mind working with Cowher - Cleveland Browns football NFL News - cleveland.com

Oh, SNAP! Talk about going old school! Now this I like.........

Schottenheimer says coaching Cleveland Browns "unlikely" but wouldn't mind working with Cowher

BEREA -- Marty Schottenheimer said during an interview today on Sirius NFL Radio that it's unlikely he'd return to Cleveland to become head coach of the Browns again, but admitted he was intrigued about the possibility of returning in a front-office role with Bill Cowher as coach.

"That would be very interesting for a couple of reasons,'' Schottenheimer said on The Sirius Blitz. "You know, Bill and I have remained very, very close friends throughout our NFL careers and it goes back to when he was a player and I was an assistant. I would be less than candid if I didn't say that that is, at the very least, intriguing.

Schottenheimer says coaching Cleveland Browns "unlikely" but wouldn't mind working with Cowher - Cleveland Browns football NFL News - cleveland.com

You can't go wrong with those two together :up cleveland has never been the same since marty left. you guys need to start winning again. when was the last time the browns went to the playoffs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)