Roseanne revival premieres to massive ratings

MASH was an ensemble show. And it never lost it's main lead (Alan Alda).

Plus the first two losses (Wayne Rogers & McClain Stevenson), were only after it's 3rd season when the show was relatively young. Except for Larry Linville a couple years later the main cast remained constant for the next 8 years.
I always thought trapper john was equal with Hawkeye

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Naw. Pretty easily replaced.

Only Hawkeye, and MAYBE Radar, irreplaceable.

And frankly, I’m not sure about Radar. Klinger stood in for him.

Apparently cast still gets paid. Everything I heard made it sound like the cancellation was costing everyone, cast and crew.

It’s not as if everyone scattered after Tuesday’s cancellation announcement. After ABC ordered a second season of Roseanne in March, EW confirmed that cast options were picked up for another 13 episodes. Carsey-Werner, which produces the sitcom for ABC, is still on the hook for paying those salaries. And since ABC ordered a new season, it bears its own financial brunt from the cancellation. So keeping some kind of show intact wouldn’t be the worst decision for ABC.

'Roseanne' update: ABC might put costars in new show

Certainly John Goodman and Laurie Metcalf, along with good writers, could create a show as solid as any sitcom currently in production.

I always thought trapper john was equal with Hawkeye
He was supposed to be, but one of the reasons Wayne Rogers quit was because the character was turned into a sidekick as opposed to the equal role he was promised.

Apparently cast still gets paid. Everything I heard made it sound like the cancellation was costing everyone, cast and crew.

It’s not as if everyone scattered after Tuesday’s cancellation announcement. After ABC ordered a second season of Roseanne in March, EW confirmed that cast options were picked up for another 13 episodes. Carsey-Werner, which produces the sitcom for ABC, is still on the hook for paying those salaries. And since ABC ordered a new season, it bears its own financial brunt from the cancellation. So keeping some kind of show intact wouldn’t be the worst decision for ABC.

'Roseanne' update: ABC might put costars in new show

Certainly John Goodman and Laurie Metcalf, along with good writers, could create a show as solid as any sitcom currently in production.
The article mentions that Roseann Barr created the characters, so since she owns them, they would have to create a whole new show, with different characters.
Hard to see a show like that even succeeding on the same scale, without infringing on her intellectual property.

Of course she could let them use the characters and laugh all the way to the bank. Huge paychecks for doing nothing.

ABC has officially picked up "The Conners"

‘Roseanne’ Spinoff ‘The Conners’ Picked Up By ABC With No Roseanne Barr Involvement
It’s official: ABC has given a 10-episode series order to The Conners (working title), a spinoff of Roseanne, for fall 2018. The spinoff will take over the Tuesday 8 PM slot on the ABC schedule that was vacated when Roseanne was suddenly canceled
It is unclear how exactly Barr’s character will be written/killed off but ABC describes it as “a sudden turn of events.” On the new show, after a sudden turn of events, the Conners are forced to face the daily struggles of life in Lanford in a way they never have before. This iconic family – Dan, Jackie, Darlene, Becky and D.J. – grapples with parenthood, dating, an unexpected pregnancy, financial pressures, aging and in-laws in working-class America. Through it all, the fights, the coupon cutting, the hand-me-downs, the breakdowns – with love, humor and perseverance, the family prevails.
From the looks of it, Roseanne will be killed off, my guess is during the knee surgery.

I'm curious as to who is having the unexpected pregnancy. Darlene from her hookup with David? Becky? Jackie? or even Darlene's daughter?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)