Royals-Tigers 4-2 already blacked out???

PhilAce

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 30, 2007
Columbia, MO
I thought that this year all of the Royals games were going to be available in Mid-Missouri. The other two opening series games look to be available in the program guide. I was looking forward to see more baseball in HD. Anyone else in Missouri or surrounding areas seeing this blackout too on channel 444?:confused:

Unless it's changed in the last 2 days, opening game was not listed in HD guide in Kansas City either. Only listed as being in SD. I'm not sure that it's just a mid-Missouri thing. I'll have to check tonight after work.

So help me if Dish somehow screws this up and doesn't have the Royals in HD when they have all these unused alternate HD channels...

M-I-Z *-K-U

I am in Lincoln Ne. and the first two games are listed on the 444alt. H.D. for April second and 445 for the third. They don't appear to be blacked out yet

I am in KC and 44 HDalt is showing the games for Monday 3/31 and Wednesday 4/2. I have set to record Mondays game, and it will allow me to record Wednesday's game. So i don' t think it is blacked out here since when I click on the Cubs vs Brewers game it says I am out of the viewing area. If you know for a fact that you are in the Royals viewing area, then I would email or contact Dish or email ceo@dishnetwork.com, and see if they can get this fixed in time for Monday.

I wrote to them, and will wait for a response. I can't figure out why the Monday and Thursday games are not blacked out and the Wednesday game is.

i live in NE Oklahoma-according to the MLB coverage grid the Royals are claiming this area- yet in the past the games haven't been shown here due to no local broadcast of the Royals Television Network. With the games this year going to FSN will i be able to get them on one of the ALT channels? I also subscribe to the sports pack.

I live in central Iowa and i am blacked out. I have wrote to Dish,Fox Sports Midwest, and the KC Royals and the only response I have received is the crap excuse Dish has for blackouts.

I thought that this year all of the Royals games were going to be available in Mid-Missouri. The other two opening series games look to be available in the program guide. I was looking forward to see more baseball in HD. Anyone else in Missouri or surrounding areas seeing this blackout too on channel 444?:confused:

Phil,

I just checked my channel 444 here in West Michigan. This may not help (if not, sorry for butting in). However, when I look, I see that the game is blacked out on channel 444 for me.

However, on a hunch, I checked Fox Sports Detroit (one of my RSN's) and the game is showing on the regular RSN channel (both HD and SD) and they do NOT appear to be blacked out. You may want to check your regular RSN channel to see if the game is on there. It may be that they have it on both but you are locked out of the "+" coverage.

My understanding of the 440's and some of the 450's is that those are used when their is a conflict between the programming and Dish provides both choices. For instance, one day this past weekend, FSN Detroit was airing College Hockey Tournament Play. At the same time, a Red Wings Game was airing. The Tournament was on the regular channel and they put the Red Wings on one of the plus channels (439 that day), allowing both programs to be viewed. This may be a similar situation.

Just a thought,
Geoff

Thanks for the thoughts, but I don't think that is the case. The only games shown on 418 in my area are the Cardinals games. I'll just wait to see what E* says about it.

Unless it's changed in the last 2 days, opening game was not listed in HD guide in Kansas City either. Only listed as being in SD. I'm not sure that it's just a mid-Missouri thing. I'll have to check tonight after work.

So help me if Dish somehow screws this up and doesn't have the Royals in HD when they have all these unused alternate HD channels...

M-I-Z *-K-U
I checked the guide last night and even set up a timer to record the HD broadcast... looks like it's a go inside KC. Good luck PhilAce.

Mon. & Wed. games now show up in HD on 444 & 430. Tues. evening still shows as SD ONLY--430.

Ed

there is no game tuesday; tuesday is the built in off-day if they need to make up opening day for weather reasons.

monday - 1:05
tuesddy - off
wednesday - 1:05
thursday - 1:05

if you see something on tuesday, probably a replay of monday or they put in a place holder "just in case" the game is called monday.

good thing opening day wasn't today; it would have been called...3" of snow last night/early morning.

Thanks for the link, I don't like their use of the word majority. I thought we would get all of the games on satellite. I'll be mad if it's only a few more Royals games than in previous years, which isn't many.:confused:

Are you in Kansas City's DMA? They are probably the only ones to receive the game, with the rest of the state getting the Cardinals game (you can't get both, so if you can see the St. Louis game on FSN Midwest, this may be the problem)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts