RSN app coming

Darn! When I saw the thread title, I thought that a new RSN app was coming to the Hopper 3. In related news, Dish did remove the Premium Showcase app today. (I'll bet most of you would never have noticed that it was gone if I hadn't pointed it out.) So, with the removal of that app, Dish does have room to add another new app now. :D

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Darn! When I saw the thread title, I thought that a new RSN app was coming to the Hopper 3. In related news, Dish did remove the Premium Showcase app today. (I'll bet most of you would never have noticed that it was gone if I hadn't pointed it out.) So, with the removal of that app, Dish does have room to add another new app now. :D

Also in today's uplink, all the Extra Innings, Center Ice, and League Pass SD channels were removed. It looks like those packages will be HD only as we go forward.

Reactions: Yespage
Also in today's uplink, all the Extra Innings, Center Ice, and League Pass SD channels were removed. It looks like those packages will be HD only as we go forward.
It looks like all Dish receivers will soon be HD only receivers, going forward. From the same uplink report:
LName/Text Change
19815 TXT15 (118° TP 7) Text: 1E000 Congratulations! You qualify for a special upgrade to our latest equipment with HD viewing and 500 hours of DVR space, plus no upfront fees! 800-333-DISH. ...

I am guessing that Dish is sending this message to everyone still using the really old SD-only receivers. (The fact that the message specifically points out "HD viewing" is a big clue.) Based on the "500 hours of DVR space" it looks like Dish is trying to migrate everyone to a Hopper Duo. For those with non-DVR two-TV receivers, such as a 322, Dish may offer them a DVR-disabled Hopper Duo plus a Joey. I have had (quite by accident) Dish disable the DVR functionality on my Hopper Duo and remove the DVR fee, so I know that it can be done.

It looks like all Dish receivers will soon be HD only receivers, going forward. From the same uplink report:
LName/Text Change
19815 TXT15 (118° TP 7) Text: 1E000 Congratulations! You qualify for a special upgrade to our latest equipment with HD viewing and 500 hours of DVR space, plus no upfront fees! 800-333-DISH. ...

I am guessing that Dish is sending this message to everyone still using the really old SD-only receivers. (The fact that the message specifically points out "HD viewing" is a big clue.) Based on the "500 hours of DVR space" it looks like Dish is trying to migrate everyone to a Hopper Duo. For those with non-DVR two-TV receivers, such as a 322, Dish may offer them a DVR-disabled Hopper Duo plus a Joey. I have had (quite by accident) Dish disable the DVR functionality on my Hopper Duo and remove the DVR fee, so I know that it can be done.
Does this mean that all channels will be HD like Bounce,FETV, TV Land and H&I or just the sports packages on older DVR's.

Does this mean that all channels will be HD like Bounce,FETV, TV Land and H&I or just the sports packages on older DVR's.
Sorry, I meant that all receivers will be HD/SD receivers, such as ViP or Hopper/Wally. Channels carried in SD-only will remain SD-only, unless Dish renegotiates with those channels, assuming that the channels actually have an HD feed to begin with. It is just that Dish is finally phasing out the really old receivers that do not do HD at all. So, perhaps Dish no longer feels the need to carry SD feeds of certain channels that are already carried in HD. This would be similar to the way Dish already treats many channels on Eastern Arc (which is only compatible with HD receivers already) either not putting SD feeds on Eastern Arc at all, or putting the SD feeds on the much lesser used 77 satellite.

Combined with the fact that Dish no longer feels the need to have a Premium Showcase app to promote premium movie and sports packages, though, today's changes may be a sign that Dish may no longer be carrying most premium movie and out-of-market sports packages at all in the very near future.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Awesome, infomercials straight to my Roku!

So, if you are outside of the Cleveland territory, can you stream to the content with the App still or do you need to be local network wise?

Same here. So this doesn't have anything to do with Dish network.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts