RSN HD bandwidth

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Now that the NBA has started up how is the bandwidth for the HD RSN's going? Are the games in HD or are some missing or JIP'd? (this would be all sports in general not just the NBA)

In October I upgraded to Silver for a month to try and see for myself and at that time I was impressed. Between my local RSN (FS North) and the RSN alts it seemed like Dish carried all the programs produced in HD in HD. There was one that was produced in 16:9 SD that Directv had the whole screen filled properly but Dish had the widescreen version (with black bars on top and bottom) but all the MN Wild games and the MN Goofer hockey games were all in HD. But with no MLB or NBA the bandwidth was there for the taking.

So have folks missed their local teams games in HD or JIP'd? I'm not talking NHL CI or NBA LP games. Just your local RSN (if you have one) ;)
Coming up on my contract date with D* so looking at options :)

(yeah I know there is that find my game thing on the dish site but I dont trust it...I want real answers from folks who have seen it)

Thanks!

I see Dishnetwork still up to its old tricks with their HD ???

what "old tricks?" Did you seriously just come to troll?
I asked a valid question. Near the last part of the baseball season Dish had added more RSN HD space so more games were in HD. When baseball season got over and the month I had Dish silver pretty much all HD produced games were in HD on Dish even high school games. But with no NBA the bandwidth was more readily available.

Now that NBA season started I wanted to see if it still was that good or if there have been some slips with missing games or JIP'd games. Since I am coming up on my 2 year D* contract I am viewing all options

Depending on location. Here, we never had problems and continue to get Bruins and Celtics in HD. However, I've noticed that Dish is scheduling other games as JIP. Even though I can't actually watch them to find out whether they do or not.

what "old tricks?" Did you seriously just come to troll?
school games. But with no NBA the bandwidth was more readily available.

Since I am coming up on my 2 year D* contract I am viewing all options
Ha ha , funny. The only change here with dish is more sensitive satellite guys members . In case we all forgot dish was known for limited RSN bandwidth.

In case we all forgot dish was known for limited RSN bandwidth.
I guess you forgot that Dish did add extra HD RSN feeds during the summer which helped with some of the JIP issues. LIke I say when I tried Silver for a month (instead of Welcome Pack) it seemed to me that all the games on my local RSN and the alternates were in HD. But again due to no NBA the bandwidth was probably there.

Thats why I was asking a simple question if the JIP thing or missing HD broadcasts are back

Just add them all in HD 24/7 and.. all of your JIP problems would be solved.. Along with many other issues!

And we all know that Dish has unlimited bandwidth to do just that! It's just that damn cheap Charlie that won't do it!

I still question killing multi-sports and placing them on Spotbeams, even though someone in the past explained to me that it would cripple spotbeam space and market restrictions. Still, If you placed a few on spotbeams, it would open bandwith on main satellite.

Blackhawks/Wings game shows JIP 1 hour after game starts tonight on CSNC. Seriously they cannot show that 1 extra hour in HD? wtf!

As far as I know when the Wolves and Wild have played at the same time one game is on FSN and the other is on the FSN+ channel (alternate). I have gone to the FSN website and found out what the alt channel number is that D* is showing the game on. So far so good :)

As far as I know when the Wolves and Wild have played at the same time one game is on FSN and the other is on the FSN+ channel (alternate). I have gone to the FSN website and found out what the alt channel number is that D* is showing the game on. So far so good :)

on Dish FS North + is 444

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)