RSN HD Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

joedekock

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
West Michigan
Just curiouse what channels these are on. I know you need the new mpeg4 receivers to get them, (I should have mine installed this month). I am specifically curiouse to what channel the Detroit Tigers games in HD are on.

I get them and I don't have an MPEG 4, I have a Tivo. They don't come on very often however.

joedekock said:
Just curiouse what channels these are on. I know you need the new mpeg4 receivers to get them, (I should have mine installed this month). I am specifically curiouse to what channel the Detroit Tigers games in HD are on.

Youll prob have to "move" your service address into the Detroit area to get FSD HD in West Michigan,
becasue currently D* isnt serving any counties in West Michigan with FSD HD service..

Depending on where you are in West Michigan theres is also going to be the question of whether or not the spot beam reaches your area reliably..

guffy1 said:
Youll prob have to "move" your service address into the Detroit area to get FSD HD in West Michigan,
becasue currently D* isnt serving any counties in West Michigan with FSD HD service..

Depending on where you are in West Michigan theres is also going to be the question of whether or not the spot beam reaches your area reliably..

That is retarded. I am in the Detroit RSN, but cannot recieve the games they broadcast in HD. But if there is a Tigers game on my RSN, and ESPNHD, they black it out on ESPN, because I am in the RSN. Sounds like a one way street to me!

joedekock said:

It should be on Channel 96 MPEG4
If you get FSN Detroit now in SD you should be good
see schedule in below link.;)
http://msn.foxsports.com/name/HD

Anyone receiving FSN Bay Area HD in Sacramento? I can't get a straight answer from Direct CR department.

Just use this tool: http://directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageIF.jsp?assetId=P3000004

If you see HD by your RSN / Team then they are in HD for your DMA.

You might have access to a RSNs areas but that doesn't mean your zip code has access to the HD feed.

Here is a screen cap of the Sac zip code vs the San Jose Zip. Note the like RSNs with/without HD.

Attachments

• HD2.jpg
    HD2.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 148
  • HD1.jpg
    HD1.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
charper1 said:
Just use this tool: http://directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageIF.jsp?assetId=P3000004

If you see HD by your RSN / Team then they are in HD for your DMA.

You might have access to a RSNs areas but that doesn't mean your zip code has access to the HD feed.

Here is a screen cap of the Sac zip code vs the San Jose Zip. Note the like RSNs with/without HD.

They aren't all up to date. YES doesn't show as being available in HD.

raoul5788 said:
They aren't all up to date. YES doesn't show as being available in HD.
Amen to that, considering the San Jose Earthquakes folded up and left town a year ago, but they are still listed as being carried by FSNBA. I was also told by a D* CSR that my zip was being offered FSNBA in HD, but the search engine doesn't indicate that.
What's the point of having a website if it isn't kept up-to-date.

Status
Please reply by conversation.