RSN-HD From another market

Status
Please reply by conversation.

atp1313

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 1, 2005
Goose Creek, SC
I live in the SportSouth/FSN South region and normally only get Braves games in HD when they play at home. But yesterday I noticed that while the Braves were playing in Pittsburgh, I could get the HD game feed on SportSouth in HD. I couldn't tune to FSN-Pittsburgh (which was labeled as HD), but when I tuned to SS (631-1?, not labeled as HD) it showed up all nice and pretty.

Does this have to do with FSN Pittsburgh being a 24/7 HD RSN? Or does this indicate that FSN-South/SportSouth is now 24/7 HD? Whatever the case, it sure was nice to be able to see an out-of-town game in HD. :)

I saw the same. I remember once or twice last year Sportsouth/FSN hd televised an away game. Think it was with Florida but not sure. Like you said, I sure did like it.:)

Yeah last year we got a couple of FSN Florida-produced games in HD in Atlanta, I hope that once FSN's new facility is fully up and running this will become the rule rather than the exception.

What I want to know is: if they can do this for out-of-market games for my regional team, why can't they do it always? I understand that some teams/RSN's are 24/7 HD, but if the Braves are playing in a 24/7 RSNHD market, why can't our local RSN feed also be HD? I almost wish that they wouldn't allow it at all than to tease us with it occasionally. :)

My understanding is that FSN can only broadcast a limited number of HD games at a time until their new facility is done, and obviously home teams should get priority for that, so if there's any space left over they can toss us a bone once in a while. I'm sure someone around here has a better explanation than that but that's what I have gathered.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)