RTN is back

Status
Please reply by conversation.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
Noticed they just got signal, had color bars showing about 20min ago. Another round of high winds and severe thunderstorms over night thru Miss and AL -my electric was out from 220am until 10am, trees down everyplace but no reported tornados. Another round projected for tonite.

Was it out most of Sunday too?
I mean here in Oregon, We had our own rain fade issues yesterday.
wescopc was trying to get RTN for me on a Geosatpro 90cm and had no luck.
I'm wondering if it's worth another try or should I still fork out for a Geosatpro 1.2m for RTN?
(And yes Brian, I did my research and nothing comes close to touching Geosatpro dishes in $100 dishes)

And if anyone needs to ask, YES! it is that important to get RTN.
RTN is the favorite channel around my place.

Batten down the hatches turbo; we were supposed to get some of that storm this morning! When I got up today I expected that it would be a mess. Nothing! I just went out and got the mail (it’s almost noon here) and seen a drop of water on my car. Lucky I guess. I was watching the WX Channel this morning and the radar for this storm looked bad in some states! Doppler showed it just barley moving into my area! Nothing so far. Good luck out in your neck of the woods!

B~Man
ftabman0_avitar-cordoba.gif

Attachments

• Parkersburg Radar.JPG
    Parkersburg Radar.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 178
I think it was up and down some today, worked on the motor align some more after lunch, and was getting only 30% signal but that may have been during some of my off=alignment tracks across that part of the arc.

I dunno.. I was getting 60-70% last night.. right now I'm only getting 25 to 30%
technotrend TT3600 showed a pic, but lots of breaking-up.. pansat shows "bad channel"

edit: odd. turned the pansat back on. Q shows 27% no lock. Went into installation menu, clicked on amc9, that TP, SQ shows 65%. exit out of menu, go to channel, 25%.
did a re-scan on the TP,. now they're back... go figure

Last edited:
dunnsept that is exactly the weird stuff I was getting on the traxis with rtn. Was getting 70 or so on the "9F" color bar channel though, every time I hit it.We've had some nasty weather go thru the last few days that may have messed with their uplink reliability.(if its still in Chatt)

wonder if it's possible it was the sat or something. on the one data TP yesterday I had 94%.. tonight.. only 70%
oh well.. it's back (for now) so I can build-up a good fix.. haven't had RTN since they moved.. never was able to lock it until my c-band gave birth over the weekend to a primestar

I've done rescan, Powerscan and Autoscan on AMC9 (Fortec Dynamic) and I still get quality of 0-20..Galaxy 28 and SBS 6 are down for me as well..Doesnt help that its raining here..

Noticed a low signal on RTN channels yesterday, also...thought it was my receiver at first, but after complete power down and back up, still had low signal.

I've had other quirky problems with the VisionSat. Channel error, had to power down completely. Also after power outage, won't record, had to delete timings and re-enter them. Had auto time setup, but now doesn't work and switched to manual time.

AMC9
H

listed on Lyngsat

You might have to play with the frequency a little bit. Folks have been able to lockit up at 11740

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)