RTN now RTV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

servoman

Original poster
Sep 17, 2008
I was watching RTN this morning and noticed when the station identification came on, it said RTV. I watched a little this afternoon and it had an annoying "RTV" logo in the corner. Does anyone know if they changed their name? I really hate that logo crap, it was refreshing to watch a channel without anything on the screen.

I agree about the annoying screen bug. There hasn't been one since Jan 4, 2009 when the Equity to Luken change of ownership happened.

I wonder why they waited until the day of the analog shut off to change the logo? Coincidence?

I'll second the giant screen bug annoyance. That pretty much ends my RTN watching. I haven't watched much of it since the break-up anyway, but I can't stomach those stupid
NEXT FRIDAY WEEK ON TNT style bugs. The squeezing end credits and on-screen ads aren't far off.

galaxy 123 west

does anyone knows what happening to the channels.there are slowy going away. Are they come back.:confused:

yep. Some are going away because Equity filed bankruptcy

but then again I thought they'd be gone a year ago

... The squeezing end credits and ...

This is already happening.

Well not the especially egregious manure where they squeeze the screen graphically.
Tonight, closing credits on Emergency were time compressed. :rant: :rant:

I'd say each frame was visible for about half a second. (I was looking at the end for the roman number indicating the year of production.) No way to see that without playing that back and pausing... (for me at least)

It was a really early one where Station 51's engine had an open top (no roof over the cab), and the Captain was a different guy. (Not Captain Stanley) :!: :rolleyes:

Oh well, as RTV becomes more prosperous, this sort of thing will probably become more common...

Last edited:
iafirebuff, didn't they move to another firehouse toward the end of the series? Perhaps I'm confusing it with another series. I seem to remember that it was near a beach :confused:

RetroTV Network has yet to air any of those episodes for me to verify.

Yeah, it seems like in rotation there are only a fraction of the total number ever made.

If you are looking for a specific era...
As I understand it, Netflix has Emergency episodes viewable on demand via internet streaming. FWIW...

This will work on a computer or Xbox360 connected to the internet.

Last edited:
Nope, they were always in Station 51 (Station 127 in real life). Last episode Johnny and ROy got promoted to Captain and the looked back over the previous episodes :)

NBC's website used to have it too. THey are also out on DVD - up to season 5 (out of 7). THere were some made for tv movies that came out 1 or years after E! went off the air :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts