RTN on 83w AMC9

Status
Please reply by conversation.

putney

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 12, 2009
St Louis, missouri
Normally on RTN 11735 AMC9 I get a bouncing 40Q. I've tried many times to improve the Q with no luck. My CNX threshold is at 35Q so I have no problems watching.

Today I turn to RTN and I'm locked at 55Q! I've changed nothing. Has anyone else seen a boost in signal this eve?

Last edited:
Never had a CONaxsat... NO clue how to relate to that number...

66-69 on Coolsat 5000 on a 90cm dish -- watchable but nothing special... (63 threshold)

Some of the rain has moved out of the south this evening.....its been raining for a solid week down here. That probably has affected their uplink in Chattanooga.

I made a slight adjustment on the BUD and the signal jumped from the high 30s into high the 60s, sometimes the low 70s. Used to have to have a sunny day with clear skies, now I get it during a driving rain storm. :confused:

Well, it's certainly teasing me at Q63 on my CS5000.
I get 1/2 screen of green and scraps of audio.
An improvement from the last time I tied to scan it in.

Clear skies here in Casper...

From adjusting the Diseqc a couple weeks ago, I've been getting RTV much more consistently on my Fortec Dynamic..with a 35-40 quality..Not great, but a watchable picture with no dropouts..Its cloudy in my location right now, so there might be an improvement i'm not seeing as yet..

hey giys i see everyone else getting some what good readings
b ut here in the twin cities on my 1.2 meter i dont even get a blip on the radar i know i am lock in on the sat and i am getting very good readings on the mbc color bars but nothing when try to get rtn

have tryed my coolsat 8100 and my vision sat with the same resultes

any ideas
thanks
doc

Have you tried to manually enter all the info including the FEC into the 8100?

70 quality rock solid on Coolsat 5000 here in Mpls an hour or so ago...cant check now as both motorized setups are on different sats for cfb games :)

well just checked on the 30" motorized setup

72 quality on Coolsat 5000...highest I've ever seen it. Cant check 36" dish as a cfb game being recorded :)

Have you tried to manually enter all the info including the FEC into the 8100?

70 quality rock solid on Coolsat 5000 here in Mpls an hour or so ago...cant check now as both motorized setups are on different sats for cfb games :)

Ice,

I usually get 69-71% on my Coolsat 5K also. Barring any inclement weather at the uplink site or at my downlink site, I sometimes notice that the signal degrades down to 63-65%. I am then required to change to DiSEqC motor control and bump the motor a bit to bring the signal back up to ~70%. Then, a few days later, I need to go back to USALS to position the dish right on 83.0W to pull the signal back up again.

It almost seems as though the sat position is not being maintained precisely. Since the signal is so weak already, I think that any small deviation in the sat position (or weather anomaly) is easily detectable.

I say the sat position is partially at fault here, since even when the weather is clear at their uplink location or at my dish site (and even when there is no interference from nasty LEO) the signal still varies and I can compensate for it by adjusting my dish a few tenths of a degree. It goes off a little in one direction, then comes back.

When Leo-1 was interfering, I adjusted the symbol rate up to 4.610 MS/s to help. I adjusted this yesterday just to see the response and RTV remained locked, but it didn't improve my quality. I had to adjust the dish azimuth (bump the motor).

If they could boost their signal just a little bit, I bet we would never notice.

RADAR

No improvement in signal quality in South Florida..Ft Lauderdale. Still sig 63 on 90cm dish as originally. Most members in the north seem to have observed better signal. Using a larger dish (39in ) however improves my signal on a Coolsat 4000 to 87.

No improvement in signal quality in South Florida..Ft Lauderdale. Still sig 63 on 90cm dish as originally. Most members in the north seem to have observed better signal. Using a larger dish (39in ) however improves my signal on a Coolsat 4000 to 87.

Nycrich,

87% Quality? Whoa! I have only had that for a brief moment on the RTV channels (back when they were on 123) a long time ago.

RADAR

That satellite is almost my true south. What I noticed is that I am using the entire 39inches for signal capture vertically on the dish. I tried peaking my dish on Ku on Satmex 5 116.8 and noticed that because of the skewing of the lnb and the satellite that I am not using the full 39inches vertically of the dish, hence a weaker signal 60's on my Coolsat 4000. Is this right?

Here in NY using an old primestar dish (oval), generic no name LNB and a coolsat 6000 I used to get 66 - 70, I switched to a DMX521 LNB and now getting 87-88. My coolsat signal meter has a dead zone between 70 and 86 so it never shows any signal between those 2 points. Pixelation occurs at about 63

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)