WGN America

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Transistor

Original poster
Oct 26, 2009
Western NY
I currently have a Fortec Star receiver that is receiving RTN channels. Can I receive WGN America if I repoint the dish to G-14? If this won't work I've been thinking of buyig a new receiver as this one is quite old. What would I need to purchase? thank you.

moved to proper forum

WGN America is scrambled on G14 C-Band and only available to cable headends

WGN superstarstation is not being sold to the home market anymore via the bud. I can get WGN Chicago OTA locally and I never really watch it so your not missing much.

WGN superstarstation is not being sold to the home market anymore via the bud. I can get WGN Chicago OTA locally and I never really watch it so your not missing much.

What were they charging for it? I grew up in Chicago, I wouldn't pay for it. Plus, all the people I grew up watching on WGN are dead now. :eek:

Last I remember they were charging like $14.99 a year in analog. It's filled mostly with crap daytime shows locally now and the CW at night that you can get in DVB. I watch very little OTA in Chicago except for Me tv and Me Too. I catch the weather forecast on weather plus on my NBC sub channel. I watch my 4DTV the most than my Pansat.

Last I remember they were charging like $14.99 a year in analog. It's filled mostly with crap daytime shows locally now and the CW at night that you can get in DVB. I watch very little OTA in Chicago except for Me tv and Me Too. I catch the weather forecast on weather plus on my NBC sub channel. I watch my 4DTV the most than my Pansat.

Fake WGN that whihc is vailable to people on cable outside NE Illinois does not run the CW shows they run 1980s movies in prime time. They also do not run all the syndicated shows that the people in Chicago get.

The national version of WGN also has incompetent engineering. The HD version is in SD as often as not, and the audio is rarely in sync with the video.

The national version of WGN also has incompetent engineering. The HD version is in SD as often as not, and the audio is rarely in sync with the video.

Why is Dell still in business?

Yikes, why is WGN still in business? Out of sync audio drives me crazy. If I recall, WGN was trimming segments out of their old shows to cram in more ads back in the 1970s, that also drove me nuts.

Fake WGN that whihc is vailable to people on cable outside NE Illinois does not run the CW shows they run 1980s movies in prime time. They also do not run all the syndicated shows that the people in Chicago get.

Yeah I know about Superstation WGN, I had them in VC2 on my bud and the local OTA one for years. A friend of mine's company built WGN's new uplink when they moved there Superstaton uplink from the Monee Illinois site to at there studio's in Chicago on Bradley place. Everything is run from there studio's now.

Can't get that one anymore on my bud. The OTA one works fine. They probably have the Superstation automated. Possibly your provider for the channel (cable/pizza, etc) has a problem and not WGN themselves. We can't see the master, PowerVu encrypted so we don't know.

I remember scanning it in and wondering why it was encrypted, especially if it's broadcast over the air for free in Chicago. It's stupid most channels are encrypted when they are majorly supported by ads anyway.

Subs pay for the costs to uplink it. Plus Im sure cable has some rules to who can and can't watch it.

Another case of 4DTV'ers missing out

Is WGN America the same programming OTA?

I haven't been able to sub since it left analog a few years back. I see the TV listings for WGN America and it has some retro TV programming not available elsewhere. Like "I Dream of Jeannie" and "Bewitched" for example. I would sub if available again. I guess they don't want our money.

no
WGN 9 (Chicago version) has the CW at night and shows Blackhawk games...also has syndicated shows
WGN America has syndicated programming at night and different shows that arent on WGN9

They are two different channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)