RTN

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Swamp_Rat

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 3, 2009
South Florida
Is RTN really that weak? I can get it on my 1m ku but the 1.8m prime focus won't pick it up.
I have 93-95% sq on the color bar channel on 83w but it doesn't come up with RTN. I tried to manually enter the transponder and it shows no sq.
What gives?

Thanks

Maybe your lnbf needs some tweaking--focal distance, etc or skew? You'd think if the 1m does it a bigger dish should, but the bigger one might not be so accurate as the small dish....

That is the only thing I can think of. What do you think, most likely the be distance or will a fraction of a degree on the skew kill it? I mean that AMC9/3 channel is smoking hot.

It's funny, I have a 7.5' and a 10' dish.
My 10 will pull in stuff my 7.5' macroblocks and the 7.5' gets higher quality readings on g23 than my 10'.

Swamprat check that your feedhorn is centered as exactly as you can get it, then check the focal distance. Helps to have a tv 'rat' there at the dish, of course to see how adjustments affect it. There's a calculation someplace, to determine the F/d for any dish, D-squared divided by
16 x the depth of the dish. The first D is Diameter of dish squared. If you can find that geo-orbit web page it's got the formula on it, I think that is it though. Just run a string across the dish face, then measure frm it to the center of dish to get depth.

I guess I should have everything listed like everyone else does in my signature.
I have the 1.8m Fortec solid, BSC621 lnbf and a Pansat 3500.
According to the manufacturer the f/d is 68.5 and the distance the feedhorn sticks out of the scalar is .52 inches.
I assume I can use the published specs or do I still need to calculate the distances?

Thanks for all the help.

Marty

Status
Please reply by conversation.