RTPi America on AMC 4

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pjcl

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2008
Earth
I've lost signal on the RTPi America channel (12034 H 3003), even though all the other channels on that bird are coming in fine. Can anyone else confirm this? No apparent weather factors at play at the moment...

There won't be World Cup matches on there, though... RTP has the rights for broadcasting in Portugal, not abroad. It's the same with Euro Cup matches...

they must be having uplink issues

shows as a very pixelated 35 quality here in Minnesota. Rest of stations on sat read fine

Yep, it's back down. 90 S, 35 Q here in Pennsylvania. Not breaking up as bad as last night though.

are you sure?

That's how it has been in the past... same with Champions League games... ever seen one on RTPi??

They only show Portugal's qualifying games, not actual tournaments, because someone else (ESPN, ABC) has the rights for broadcasting here in the US, and those rights are exclusive... I wonder if even Azteca 7 will be seen here during the event...

i hope they fix the problem buy tomorrow , man i really would hate to miss the friendly game:mad:

Last edited:
might have to do with the new satellite thats going to replace amc4

SES 1 is still at 131° West, helping out AMC 11 with the Galaxy 15 problem. It should start moving toward 101° West again in a week or so. AMC 2/4 could have experienced some power problems as they are really loading it up with duplicate feeds from AMC 11.

That's how it has been in the past... same with Champions League games... ever seen one on RTPi??

They only show Portugal's qualifying games, not actual tournaments, because someone else (ESPN, ABC) has the rights for broadcasting here in the US, and those rights are exclusive... I wonder if even Azteca 7 will be seen here during the event...

ESPN rights are for English. They are not exclusive. Here is a list of the rights for various nations (ck the link below). You will notice the US has about 9 right's holders in various language.
International rights are not typical of what happens here in the US with the various sports here. I was in Singapore back when NBC had the NBA. I remember specifically during the finals, one local sports cable channel used the NBC feed with Costas and the game was also on ESPN Asia with ESPN announcers.

I have included 2006 because it appears the 2010 list is incomplete.
2010 FIFA World Cup broadcasting rights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
2006 rights below
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_2006_FIFA_World_Cup_broadcasters

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)