Satellite Dish Storage

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dishman Dan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2008
N/A
I know the proper way to keep satellite dishes is to set them up! ;)

I have to pick up several BUDs soon to save them from the scrappers! I found and commited (among others waiting for permission) to 3 10' and 2 71/2' BUDs which I am hoping the one is a 12' once I get close to it! :D

Other than tearing them apart, does anyone have a good idea on how to store them??? The only thing I can think of is to hoist them up in a barn and tie them up high. I do not own a barn but have access to a couple but they are prone to theft. Maybe I could cut some trees down and leave the stumps high like poles and attach them??? :eek:

Anyone...???

I don't know what would be best, but I do know one thing to avoid. Several years ago I picked up a nice 6' dish, but didn't put it up right away. I put it together, and was just trying it out leaning against the house. When done doing that, I can't remember exactly, but I think I just left it there, and I think I left it aiming straight up. This dish had square tubular ribs that were hollow, and apparently rain water could get inside, but couldn't get out when aimed up. Then, over a couple winters the water froze several times. When I finally put the dish up, I found that the tubular ribs had expanded to almost circular due to the freeze/thaw cycles, and this warped the dish enough that it no longer worked very well.

So, if you store the dishes outside, make sure that water won't collect in any hollow sections.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts