RTV 4080 AMC3c off the air??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just turned on my TV and found no RTV on freq 4080 on AMC3!anyone else missing it?? Maybe big storms at the uplink site.

Same here. I woke up when I heard the silence. ( I sleep with the tv on).

I checked the weather map and there are storms over Tennessee. I think that's where they send up from.

How sad that they bailed out of facebook. That was a good way to get timely updates. :(

I hope this is simply weather.

Oh well. Back to sleep. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

storms in TN...looks like right on top of them

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 170
Just checked and they are coming in with a 68% signal in west central Indiana. At this time we have heavy cloud cover with light rain. Airwolf is on the Des Moines station WOI as I am posting this.

Last evening, I could barely get it on 4080, 3800 was weaker but still above threshold, so went and checked my pole, all was good. Checked other TP's and they were all normal Q. Checking now, and all are normal except 4080 and 3800 which are NADA, ZILCH, GONE.

Both transponders coming in fine here.

4080 seems to be a little weak for some reason. Coming in at about 60% on the Openbox S9.

3800 is coming in at about 75%.

But both display the picture fine.

Alot of nasty weather here in the eastern states again last few days!Guess this is causing the problems on AMC3 RTV.Just as a side note! AMC9 RTV seems to work well when AMC3 goes down.

Looks like after a whole winter of RTV on my 6 footer locking in very well!some minor adjustments on the elevation was in order or RTV sig lately has been of alittle lower power causing me to be just on the threshold of good Q to no Q.Working well now with a Q near 70 on my AZbox.

Thanks beavs:) Turned RTV AMC3 on early last night and having that same issue as before!sig cutting in and out!70 one min then zero the next.I really think the dish is tuned the best it can and i will look for a pattern to see when the sig is locked solid for a period of time and when its not.Since last summer i have had no issues with this channel until now.For now i will rely on RTV AMC9 for my RTV enjoyment.PS RTV on AMC7 is just out of range of where i can go with the dish!135w is my farthest west.
UPDATE!! just checked RTV on AMC3 this morning with a solid lock at a Q of 70+.I will check again late in the day to see if sig breaks up then.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts