Please reply by conversation.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
Attack of the Giant Leeches 9pm movie on RTV
Must-see TV, lol
One of those oldie but darkies in B&W, afraid it'll just be one big dark shadow where you can't tell what's on the screen, but I will watch.
904pm c

You're right primestar, that's why they show them. It's just filler for that barrage of commercials that comes along with it.

I forgot about Offbeat Cinema and it seemed like many reruns a few years ago when I last watched RTV. Maybe time to repoint to 83W again.

I found Svengoolie and have been watching that Saturday nights instead.

I forgot about Offbeat Cinema and it seemed like many reruns a few years ago when I last watched RTV. Maybe time to repoint to 83W again.

Right after Star Trek TOS. :)

How do you like that they replaced the original Star Trek special effects, with worse than SyFy cgi, that looks like a 14 year old did them on an Amiga?
I like the remaster,looks great on the 46" Sony in 1080p from the AZUltra,I hate the "Lucas ing"of the effects and I really don't like the 5+ minutes they chop out of every episode.I've been watching them since they were new,yes I'm that old :D,and I pretty much knew em all by heart.

How do you like that they replaced the original Star Trek special effects, with worse than SyFy cgi, that looks like a 14 year old did them on an Amiga?

I'd rather they'd really just left stuff like that alone, there was a few times watching it that I remember thinking something was different but couldn't quite place what it was. Like Waylew, I've been watching them since they were new and pretty much know them all by heart too.

Though I don't really notice things like that much unless it's changed a lot, cause my eyesight was uncorrectable 20/200 last it was checked and has been getting progressively worse as time goes by, especially close up. That's one plus of being blind though, they have to really screw something up bad for me to see it!

The Blu-Ray set has both the "Lucasized" and the original versions available by seamless branching. I like some, but not all of the new effects.

I also watch Svengoolie sometimes on METV.Im guessing that Offbeat is the only program on RTV that you see some new episodes!I have seen at least 2 new offbeats made this year with the promise of more to come.

It kind of makes me wish someone would throw some money at Joel Hodgson and reboot MST3k for one of these retro channels. Word is he's up for doing the show again if others are interested...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts