Rude Installer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you do have an HD tv there is no reason for the installer to complain. ...
I would go a step further and say there is never a reason for an installer to complain. If the guy plans to buy a HDTV or he just wanted an HD DVR because it looked cooler, it's no reason for the installer to complain. Some installs are easy some are more time consuming, some require letting the customer know that there will be an extra charge. What is the big deal? Sometimes you will hang a dish, plug in a receiver and collect the same amount as you would if you had to crawl under a muddy, spider infested house to run a cable.

That said, the OP might be thinking it wasn't really what the installer said but how he said it and not really what he did but how he did it, then thought maybe I just better not say anything else. ;)

FYI I needed upgrade to receive a local channel( which is 53 WQMY which is in Wilkes-Barre, PA DMA) that was put on 103 because they ran out of room on 119 even though channel is in standard definition. My signals for 101, 103, 110 and 119 are all in upper 90s. So before you make judgment why don't you find out why I needed upgrade.

Last edited:
before you make judgment why don't you find out why I needed upgrade.

If you haven't been reading we were waiting for you to tell us about what you were getting. Like I said before, I have no reason to complain, I live in an area where the median income is like 20G and I make 50-60G a year.

FYI I needed upgrade to receive a local channel( which is 53 WQMY which is in Wilkes-Barre, PA DMA) that was put on 103 because they ran out of room on 119 even though channel is in standard definition. My signals for 101, 103, 110 and 119 are all in upper 90s. So before you make judgment why don't you find out why I needed upgrade.
YOU left us hangin so we had to make our own judgements

It seems I have made enemies of a few techs in another post but i wanted to put my 2 cents in.

I personally do not like when an installer is being rude. And no matter the job title, when a D* tech is at my house, he(or she, although I have never seen a female tech) is a representative of D*. If I have a question, why not answer it? Yes, it may be a slight inconvenience but if you know the answer, why not tell me.

Another thing, I have gone out of my way to help techs when they come to my house. I have been the one to crawl under the house and run the cable, multiple cables in fact. I did this to save them time and the trouble of going underneath the house because it can be quite muddy. Why do this? Because as soon as they leave I'll go take a shower, they have to work all day with it. Its something to make life a little easier.

But if I call and set up an appointment with D* for them to send someone out to run the coaxial cable around my house 7 times and then to the receiver thats not even hooked up to a tv, I will get charged for it, and even if its "free" the money is coming from somewhere. The techs I've dealt with have always known why they were coming out before they started the trip out. If thats what I'm paying for, or if thats what D* is paying for, why not do it? Maybe reason with the customer in a nice tone? I'm not a tech but in my experience customers may make a request but ultimately look to you for an answer or input on the subject because in their eyes you are the genius on the matter.

I have had techs call me to confirm they are doing a HDDVR receiver upgrade in two rooms and when they get here they claim they didn't know and didn't pick up the receivers. Was I frustrated? Yes. Did I get angry, no. I simply asked him to do what he needed to do to get the receivers that I would be free for the rest of the day. He called another tech in the area, got two receivers from them, and came back and installed them. He is the best tech I have ever dealt with even after that happened. I would recommend him to anyone because he went the extra mile to make me happy. As a tech, you are representing D*, or at very least your contracting company. Whether you want to or not, you should try to make the customer happy within reason. If not, get into another line of work that doesn't involve customer interaction.

It seems I have made enemies of a few techs in another post but i wanted to put my 2 cents in.

I personally do not like when an installer is being rude. And no matter the job title, when a D* tech is at my house, he(or she, although I have never seen a female tech) is a representative of D*. If I have a question, why not answer it? Yes, it may be a slight inconvenience but if you know the answer, why not tell me.

Another thing, I have gone out of my way to help techs when they come to my house. I have been the one to crawl under the house and run the cable, multiple cables in fact. I did this to save them time and the trouble of going underneath the house because it can be quite muddy. Why do this? Because as soon as they leave I'll go take a shower, they have to work all day with it. Its something to make life a little easier.

But if I call and set up an appointment with D* for them to send someone out to run the coaxial cable around my house 7 times and then to the receiver thats not even hooked up to a tv, I will get charged for it, and even if its "free" the money is coming from somewhere. The techs I've dealt with have always known why they were coming out before they started the trip out. If thats what I'm paying for, or if thats what D* is paying for, why not do it? Maybe reason with the customer in a nice tone? I'm not a tech but in my experience customers may make a request but ultimately look to you for an answer or input on the subject because in their eyes you are the genius on the matter.

I have had techs call me to confirm they are doing a HDDVR receiver upgrade in two rooms and when they get here they claim they didn't know and didn't pick up the receivers. Was I frustrated? Yes. Did I get angry, no. I simply asked him to do what he needed to do to get the receivers that I would be free for the rest of the day. He called another tech in the area, got two receivers from them, and came back and installed them. He is the best tech I have ever dealt with even after that happened. I would recommend him to anyone because he went the extra mile to make me happy. As a tech, you are representing D*, or at very least your contracting company. Whether you want to or not, you should try to make the customer happy within reason. If not, get into another line of work that doesn't involve customer interaction.

That's a very reasonable attitude. Not sure why you said you made enemies of some techs. I like customers like you. Makes my job much easier.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts