Venting about increased cost

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rtdreep

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 16, 2008
DirecTV has jacked up my bill a total of $26 in the last 2 months, for no change in programming. This is the first time I've ever been infuriated with DirecTV. Up 'til now it's been paradise compared to Comcast. . .now this crap is beginning to look very familiar. . .:mad:

Why? I know they raised their rates recently, but it was only a couple of dollars. Did you have a promo offer that expired, like HBO free for 3 months?

No sir. I still have a year left on my 2-year plan. Nothing rolled off. I didn't have HBO or any of the other paid movie channels. I just had the CHOICE XTRA™ + DVR — Locals Included package. I knew about the $3 bump, and I was cool with that, but this latest one is just wrong. Now I'll have to discontinue the protection plan and one of the sports packages I'd had just to get the cost down. Not good.

Were you on some introductory price and it finally ran out?

Last edited by a moderator:
He must of been he said he is 1 year into his 2 year contract. So it sounds exactly like many people did not read the fine print that the deal is only for the first 12 months. As 26 dollars is the exact amount my bill will go up to after my first year.

PS why isthis thread here?

No sir. I still have a year left on my 2-year plan. Nothing rolled off. I didn't have HBO or any of the other paid movie channels. I just had the CHOICE XTRA™ + DVR — Locals Included package. I knew about the $3 bump, and I was cool with that, but this latest one is just wrong. Now I'll have to discontinue the protection plan and one of the sports packages I'd had just to get the cost down. Not good.

The initial pricing is only for 1 year not 2. The price you are paying now is the $23 you were saving and the $3 price increase that was announced.

Yep, it's got to be the 1 year discount ending. I just canceled my protection plan and my HD Extra pack. That's minus $11.00 on my bill. My Showtime free for 6 months ended, and I didn't even have to remove it to cancel, it just stopped working, and it's not on the website account anymore either. Strangely, the HD Extra pack says I can get it again free for 3 months, even though I just canceled.

The HD extra pak is worthless. I cancelled it also. When it gets to the point where I have to cancel HBO because of price increases I will be buying an HDtivo and heading to FIOS.

The HD extra pak is worthless. I cancelled it also. When it gets to the point where I have to cancel HBO because of price increases I will be buying an HDtivo and heading to FIOS.

i wish i had fios as another option. comcrap is horrible for my area...... and i already had dish for 10 years.

personally just picked up a few more service calls to pay for the necessities,which the above post certinaly are.

You guys are right. . .it was the end of year 1. Pisses me off that they gave me the "choice" of going 1 or 2 years. . .they didn't bother to mention that the price only lasts 1 year. So the question is, which debt is more important to pay off. . .student loan, credit cards, car payment, or Guido?

OK, I caved. I went down a package, but added HD back into it. At least D* doesn't penalize us for switching packages. And, while in my fuming about the price hike, I had flashbacks to Comcast's "HD" as they call it. It was like driving an old pickup too fast, and drunk to boot. The image would stall, stutter, crash, and get out of synch all the time. And they'd charge you tons for the service. As much as I think D* is extremely ill-timed in its price-hike, I have to agree that it's much, much better than Comcrap.

OK, I caved. I went down a package, but added HD back into it. At least D* doesn't penalize us for switching packages. And, while in my fuming about the price hike, I had flashbacks to Comcast's "HD" as they call it. It was like driving an old pickup too fast, and drunk to boot. The image would stall, stutter, crash, and get out of synch all the time. And they'd charge you tons for the service. As much as I think D* is extremely ill-timed in its price-hike, I have to agree that it's much, much better than Comcrap.

Price change from D* EVERY year , same time ... :)

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts