Rumor Alert - Goodbye DISH Platinum... Hello Blockbuster Movie Pass!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Dang...This is sweet, especially if it works with ps3, bluray players and Dish network....maybe Directv will buy netflix and do something similar :D

Well, I'll be blessed. It says,

I was surprised by the last two. Does this mean my 722 can act as a Slingcatcher, at least in principle?

IIRC Silverlight is what Windows PCs use to play back Netflix streaming.

Macs too. I tried to stream netflix video (from a PBS documentary) in class, and the machine had to install Silverlight.

This sounds promising. I hope they're able to strike deals with relevant studios/content providers.

This does sound promising, not sure there is a answer to this but with the steaming services will dishes boxes play a role in download time or will downloads be based on your internet speeds?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

This does sound promising, not sure there is a answer to this but with the steaming services will dishes boxes play a role in download time or will downloads be based on your internet speeds?

Adaptive streaming will be available. :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
Adaptive streaming will be available. :)

Thanks for the info Scott, that's good to know because when I had dish in the past one small gripe for me was the vod downloading even though I had good speed with comcast

Would be nice if they have an option for those with slower speeds to download it to your hard drive so that you can still view it in HD.

They need to have the streaming available on Xbox, PS3, Wii, Ruko etc. Now is the time with all the bad press about Netflix.

It would be interesting, seeing that they are offering this BlockBuster service in a package, if they would offer the same package of channels along with the movies to other types of boxes as well such as the Roku and so forth. Heck maybe it would lead to offering all their content on the internet as a second option instead of needing a satellite dish.

Okay here is my question. Will the shows play at normal speed like NETFLIX or will they have to be downloaded and then played later like DISH CINEMA?

Okay here is my question. Will the shows play at normal speed like NETFLIX or will they have to be downloaded and then played later like DISH CINEMA?

I only have 3M down and with NETFLIX it would cycle from HD to HQ, so I would like to see both options available. I know there are friends that have Dish and slower internet speeds so they have no chance at streaming in HD.

This does sound promising. I wonder though 6 months down the road what kind of fee will be added???
Call me a bit sceptic.:)

This does sound promising. I wonder though 6 months down the road what kind of fee will be added???
Call me a bit sceptic.:)
$5 Streaming, $5 VOD, $.99 remote rental fee , $ 10 just because we can fee,$50 cancellation fee......

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)