Rumor Alert - Internationals Leaving DIRECTV?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
must be a disgruntled D* employee ;)
It would seem that a disgruntled D* employee would go after D* and not the messenger.

More like a D* manager that was trying figure out how to explain impending changes to his charges. They had their chance to develop an explanation/exit strategy ripped from them.

Well it apears my information was once again correct..

DirecTV sent this email out to retailers yesterday.

NEW! POLISH PACKAGES RETIRED—As of 12/31/09, DIRECTV discontinued the
PolishDirect™ and PolishDirect™ II packages. They are no longer available for
new customers. Existing customers will lose programming on 3/31/10.

I am hearing more internationals will be retired this year, and as soon as I hear them I will post them here for everyone.

I am now watching DIRECTV closer then ever and some great new contacts have opened up to me reporting from the inside to you. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It makes perfect sense, if the Polish package sells terrible, than they may eliminate the Polish package - it may not be paying for itself

Guess that Polish was a pretty good guess on my part a few days ago :D

Its kinda surprising how much DirecTV charge for these international channels, many of them are FTA over Europe, would be better and possibly cheaper for non-English speakers to set up a Slingbox in their home country if they have any relations left back there. If I were in their position, I would not subscribe to them, channels like TV5MONDE, POLSAT and CCTV are FTA over Europe, but then again its a niche in the US so they're free to charge through the roof for them!

As someone considering switching from E* to D* solely because of an international package, I hope you share whatever information you're hearing.

If they move MBC and SBS to Dish at a reasonable price to Dish, I will subscribe. But, the new prices for Dish is UNBELIEVABLE. And, I guess Dish will be taking those Intl channels.

I have both Filipino and Korean Direct... If these channels/packages go away... my family is going to be disappointed.

The A-Mooooooooo channel is not going away and I doubt the Korean package will.

Any word of other internationals going away and possibly to Dish?

In particular, Russian channels. Channel 1 ORT?

Left Dish and went exclusive with Direct some years ago.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts