Rumor Alert - Internationals Leaving DIRECTV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
must be a disgruntled D* employee ;)
It would seem that a disgruntled D* employee would go after D* and not the messenger.

More like a D* manager that was trying figure out how to explain impending changes to his charges. They had their chance to develop an explanation/exit strategy ripped from them.

Well it apears my information was once again correct..

DirecTV sent this email out to retailers yesterday.

NEW! POLISH PACKAGES RETIRED—As of 12/31/09, DIRECTV discontinued the
PolishDirect™ and PolishDirect™ II packages. They are no longer available for
new customers. Existing customers will lose programming on 3/31/10.

I am hearing more internationals will be retired this year, and as soon as I hear them I will post them here for everyone.

I am now watching DIRECTV closer then ever and some great new contacts have opened up to me reporting from the inside to you. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It makes perfect sense, if the Polish package sells terrible, than they may eliminate the Polish package - it may not be paying for itself

Guess that Polish was a pretty good guess on my part a few days ago :D

Its kinda surprising how much DirecTV charge for these international channels, many of them are FTA over Europe, would be better and possibly cheaper for non-English speakers to set up a Slingbox in their home country if they have any relations left back there. If I were in their position, I would not subscribe to them, channels like TV5MONDE, POLSAT and CCTV are FTA over Europe, but then again its a niche in the US so they're free to charge through the roof for them!

As someone considering switching from E* to D* solely because of an international package, I hope you share whatever information you're hearing.

If they move MBC and SBS to Dish at a reasonable price to Dish, I will subscribe. But, the new prices for Dish is UNBELIEVABLE. And, I guess Dish will be taking those Intl channels.

I have both Filipino and Korean Direct... If these channels/packages go away... my family is going to be disappointed.

The A-Mooooooooo channel is not going away and I doubt the Korean package will.

Any word of other internationals going away and possibly to Dish?

In particular, Russian channels. Channel 1 ORT?

Left Dish and went exclusive with Direct some years ago.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)