Rumor Alert - Internationals Leaving DIRECTV?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
You know as well as I do that DIRECTV very rarely installs SWiM external switches in single family residences. The SWiM LNB is the order of the day.

And as a Dish customer you know all that goes on with DirecTV. As you well know, DECA requires SWiM and DirecTV's expanding the use of SWiM's, including the external module, in some installs.

thats if the warehouse has them in stock for techs. ive never seen one live..
i go through twenty every four to six weeks.... one day last week handed out four.
never yet for an interntational setup, only when a customer upgrades to a dvr/hddvr with more than eight tuners already existing in the house.

There were rumors a year or so ago that the internationals might move to 110 or 119, both of which have available bandwidth (and more when the last of MPEG2 HD channels disappear).

There were rumors a year or so ago that the internationals might move to 110 or 119, both of which have available bandwidth (and more when the last of MPEG2 HD channels disappear).
We were told about that over 2 years ago.Then at the end of last year we were told they'll move 'em to the 99 and 103.It would make more sense for the latter ,because some customer can't get LOS at 110 and 119,and you can't just cancel their services for that.

Yeah Scott really have not idea how much trouble this post caused.
It shouldn't cause too much trouble, because I am hearing this is true from a few sources. Now DirecTV is not getting out of all internationals, but are getting rid of a few. Whats strange about the rumors I am hearing is that its not the channels wanting to go, its DirecTV wanting to get rid of them.

I have a number of connections at some of these foreign channels and I know they are now scrambling to get back on Dish Network.

It shouldn't cause too much trouble, because I am hearing this is true from a few sources. Now DirecTV is not getting out of all internationals, but are getting rid of a few. Whats strange about the rumors I am hearing is that its not the channels wanting to go, its DirecTV wanting to get rid of them.

I have a number of connections at some of these foreign channels and I know they are now scrambling to get back on Dish Network.
It could be channels that the consumer demand is so low that it's not worth it for them.

In this case I dont see this as the case...

I dont want to give away my sources but lets just say that this source controls many of the international channels which come into the USA and what I find funny is that the company (or family if you will) have nothing to do with the origin of those channels.

I am actually surprised how big of a hand this family has in bringing internationals into the USA. These people are VERY powerful. I never knew they had a hand in things up until a few weeks ago.

Scott I tried to be nice but here it is as I sent you a PM.

There are DTV employees that read this site.

What you have done is take normal people with normal lives who like there jobs and now they are questioning when there last paycheck is going to be as the work in the interational department. These agents have it harder then any other group.

So yeah this may be true, you may of heard it from John Malone himself ( not that he actually controls anything ) But you caused trouble and worry for people who dont need it in there lives.

So Yeah I am mad at you for causing more chaos then needed at directv.

News is news. The fact someone reads about it on the net, before their own employer lets it go, is better than finding out when you get the termination FedEx. Also, breaking news early, as you see on many tech blogs when cell providers are thinking of doing something stupid, tends to shed some light on the public opinion and actually help the cause (keep the provider from doing a stupid).

Scott has a site to run, and news it what keeps people interested. It's his job to let us know.

Since Stone Cold wants to open a can or worms here let me go on more about this issue that I didn't post.

The rumor of certain international channels going away on DIRECTV was not only told to me by a few good contacts but a few good retailers as well.

The word I am getting is that the retailers are upset (rightfully so) that DIRECTV wants them to continue selling these international packages to new customers up until March 30th.

The retailers do not want to sell these channel, since most of these customers will cancel their service when these channels leave meaning that the retailers will get a huge chargeback. This not only makes DirecTV look bad but also the hard working retailers who bust their butts to sell and install DIRECTV service.

The only thing selling channels which are going away does is gets customers mad and causes a huge financial burden to retailers who just want to sell DirecTV.

I got a ton of stuff like this that's going on behind the scenes, and maybe (thanks to Stonecold) its time to start talking about it publicly, not only here but in MultiChannel.

Perhaps its time to start opening some folks eyes about whats going on at DIRECTV.

Thanks Stone Cold for opening up a can of worms that you can't close. I am sure DirecTV thanks YOU.

Man. It seems Directv and Dish go back and forth on who can have the worst Cust Service.

Plus it seems installers get treated like dirt. They are the public face and the guy putting the crap in your house.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts