Rumor: Dish close to adding YES

Finally decided to join up to SatelliteGuys to discuss this ... first I hope Scott is right. I'd like to watch the Yankees, even if it is to see them lose to the Red Sox. :) I'd think E* plans to add the channel prior to the "opener" at Tampa Bay on Tuesday. (To me, games in Japan don't count.)

If the channel is added, my main concern would be if the entire Yankees home area (all of NY state, all of CT, part of NJ / PA) is included. They could pull a move similar to what was done with FSW2, and include the channel only for NYC DMA subs; however, I doubt that Steinbrenner and company would agree to this.

What is possible is that the channel is included for Yankees home area subs, but not added to Multi-Sport. We'll see about this ... and thank you for the digging Scott. :bow

HDTV Rookie said:
I need clarification. Is YES going to be offered nationally or only in the NY DMA
There are a few possibilities:

1. YES not offerred at all. Still most likely outcome as of 5:00 PM today.
2. YES offerred only in a limited area (NYC DMA only) ala FSW2. I don't think YES would agree to this.
3. YES offerred to all Yankees home area subs, but not added to Multi-Sport. Possible.
4. YES offerred to Yankees home area subs and put in Multi-Sport. Possible.

Note that no matter what, subs outside of Yankees territory will not get this channel added to AT120 / AT180. And no matter what, Yankees games will be blacked out for almost everyone who gets this channel with Multi-Sport (if it is offerred).

jrbdmb said:
There are a few possibilities:

1. YES not offerred at all. Still most likely outcome as of 5:00 PM today.
2. YES offerred only in a limited area (NYC DMA only) ala FSW2. I don't think YES would agree to this.
3. YES offerred to all Yankees home area subs, but not added to Multi-Sport. Possible.
4. YES offerred to Yankees home area subs and put in Multi-Sport. Possible.

Note that no matter what, subs outside of Yankees territory will not get this channel added to AT120 / AT180. And no matter what, Yankees games will be blacked out for almost everyone who gets this channel with Multi-Sport (if it is offerred).

So now matter whichever scenario occurs, I can not get the YES channel. If this is so, this is even more reason for me to turn to the dark side.

Sorry, but with D* offering Yes Nationally, the NFL Network, and the NFL ticket, E* is starting to fall behind and if D* gets their HDTivo out before E* gets the 921 fixed, I would imagine many will be jumping ship

HDTV Rookie said:
So now matter whichever scenario occurs, I can not get the YES channel. If this is so, this is even more reason for me to turn to the dark side.

Sorry, but with D* offering Yes Nationally, the NFL Network, and the NFL ticket, E* is starting to fall behind and if D* gets their HDTivo out before E* gets the 921 fixed, I would imagine many will be jumping ship
uhhh D* may be offering YES nationally but 90% of the programming is blacked out. This includes games ,replays of games and a lot of programming you would expect to see like yankeeography or anything else baseball related

HDTV Rookie said:
No ... if YES is added to Multi-Sport, you will be able to get the channel by adding the Multi-Sport package ($5.99) to your account. But all Yankees live games and replays, and certain other baseball-releated shows will be blacked out for anyone not in the Yankees territory.

And as noted above, the same rules apply to D*. Subs outside of NYC and area do not get YES unless they buy the Sports Pack ($12), and Yankees games / replays are blacked out for them too.

Acoording to Scott reporting from the Retailer Chat: "NO YES NETWORK."

:mad:

I'm not really surprised, but I am p***ed. How is it that every cable company in the NYC area and DirecTV can get a deal done, but somehow Dish refuses to do the same? The terms he calls "unreasonable" are apparently OK with every other provider. Oh well, I'm stuck with E* this year, but unless something changes I will be moving to D* next spring - appr. the same price, locals on one satellite, and YES Network.

jrbdmb said:
Acoording to Scott reporting from the Retailer Chat: "NO YES NETWORK."

:mad:

I'm not really surprised, but I am p***ed. How is it that every cable company in the NYC area and DirecTV can get a deal done, but somehow Dish refuses to do the same? The terms he calls "unreasonable" are apparently OK with every other provider. Oh well, I'm stuck with E* this year, but unless something changes I will be moving to D* next spring - appr. the same price, locals on one satellite, and YES Network.

Ditto. In Jan when my 1 year commit is up. I am back to Cablevision cable. At least with them I get YES AND more HDTV channels. I will build my own PVR if they don't have 1 by then!

Already placed my call with my local retailer. I will go to D* as soon as I can get a HR10-250. Too bad, because I have been an eight year E* customer.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I am disapointed by the news.
Scott- thanks for your support on this. How you can be in CT and not be a Yankee fan is something I will never comprehend :) . But, you overcame that personality flaw to argue the case for E* to provide a competitive level of service.

jrbdmb said:
No ... if YES is added to Multi-Sport, you will be able to get the channel by adding the Multi-Sport package ($5.99) to your account. But all Yankees live games and replays, and certain other baseball-releated shows will be blacked out for anyone not in the Yankees territory.

And as noted above, the same rules apply to D*. Subs outside of NYC and area do not get YES unless they buy the Sports Pack ($12), and Yankees games / replays are blacked out for them too.
who cares its a non issue now

I too have been with Dish for a long time ('98), but it is now time to go. I have seen what Time Warner Cable of NYC has to offer (including dual tuner PVR), along with more channels. I have seen the way it works and it works well. So Long DISH, but you were not able to compete.

juan said:
uhhh D* may be offering YES nationally but 90% of the programming is blacked out. This includes games ,replays of games and a lot of programming you would expect to see like yankeeography or anything else baseball related

uhhhhhhhhhh your 90% figure is incorrect. True they do blackout replays of games so does everyone else outside your DMA. But YES subs nationally DO get to see Yankeeography, in fact outside of the replays very little is blacked out now.

Charlie just doesn't get it.In a world full of choices and prices being about equal,customer service is KING ! After the Viacom fiasco and the customers they lost,the current YES debacle and the threat of losing Turner stations may affect E* where it really hurts,,Wallstreet.

mboy said:
I am most likely gone from Charlie in jan.
After 8 years, I am beginning the process. My annual pre-pay anniversary is/was later this month, and I have changed to month-to-month. I have a 921, and as soon as I can get an HD DirecTivo, I am gone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)