Rumor: Dish close to adding YES

Cablevision owns a 50% stake in Fox Sports Net; San Francisco, Chicago, Cincinnati, Florida, New England and Greater Cleveland, Ohio. Cablevision also includes Cablevision's 50% interest in the national sports and news service FOX Sports Net. News Corporation owns the remaining 50 percent interest in FOX Sports Net.
Sportschannel was one of the first sports channels that content later went to the Fox Sports Net properties or the MSG network properties.

Just an update...

I just heard from a source at Dish who is telling me talks with YES are still continuing.

Will Yes make it in time for Opening Day?

Your guess as good as mine.

Remember as always, things labeled as a rumor are just that RUMORS. Please don't shoot the messanger. I feel this source is a good one though as it was the first to tell me about MLB and that the end of the Viacom ordel was cloase at hand. :) Unlike other sites we are willing to work to find out news and rumors and we take risks to bring you the news first. :D

From my experience with the NHL Center Ice package, even though Dish does not carry the YES network, you will sometimes see games on YES if you have the MLB EI package.

For example, on NHL CI, Dish does not carry any of the regional comcast channels but sometimes you find games being broadcast by comcast on the NHL CI package. If you live in the same DMA, it'll unfortunately be blacked out, even though you can't see it on any other Dish channel. So eitherway, YES network is coming to Dish Network in a way.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Just an update...
I just heard from a source at Dish who is telling me talks with YES are still continuing.

Will Yes make it in time for Opening Day?

nope ;) but anyways that doesn't mean they weren't talking. i hope they keep on talking. i will definately buy the baseball package if dish signs yes.

I am not sure that MLB EI nd NHL CI work the same way. Also DISH does carry at least one Concast owned RSN>

Hopefully today will be the day we see YES added. If its not there today then I personally am not hopefull. (But hey I was not too hopefull about the MLB EI package after so long with nothing official, so there is always hope) :)

I am also expecting the MLB Extra Innings to be made visable to all subscribers today.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Hopefully today will be the day we see YES added. If its not there today then I personally am not hopefull. (But hey I was not too hopefull about the MLB EI package after so long with nothing official, so there is always hope) :)

I am also expecting the MLB Extra Innings to be made visable to all subscribers today.

I see the MLBs in the 600's, but no YES. Would be really sweet to get YES, just to watch Mike & The Madog! :shocked

I tried not to get too excited when Scott first reported the rumor. I don't usually post simply because I don't have the time but I felt the need to here. I think we should all return to reality about the YES situation. I truly believe we will never get YES. I hope I am wrong but I've decided to plant my feet on the ground and take a stance. I expect a YES call during the next Charlie Chat with Charlie feeding the company line. Shortly thereafter, the infamous thread title appears "Dish still says NO to YES" If you really want YES that badly, go to DirecTV. That's all there is to it. I myself wouldn't go to DirecTV simply because I think Dish is just a better value and why switch for one channel, let alone a regional sports network? Welcome to the reality that is YES-free satellite television, Dish Network.

Actually its not a man. :)

But I have heard nothing since the other day. I can only cross my fingers. If I hear anything I will post it. You can bet on that! :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
Hopefully today will be the day we see YES added. If its not there today then I personally am not hopefull. ...snip...
Scott- realistically, do you think it's time to give up hope? I have been holding off, but I don't want to find myself in June, still thinking it might be any day.

I would give it until the end of April. If it doesn't happen by then, I don't think it will for a while (at least until the Devils jump ship to YES)

Well folks, it looks like YES may indeed be coming. I got this from someone who works at one of the call centers. When she punched up someones account (who lives in New York) YES is listed as one of the channels they should be receiving.

This was the first time she had seen this.

She took a picture of the screen and sent it to me.

I don't want to pump everyone up too much but this is a very posivtive sign.

Attachments

• YES.jpg
    YES.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 502
YES still doesn't show up when I put in my address in the "Local Channels Available?" Network Qualify screen, but I hope you are right and it is coming soon......

I'm sure I will be part of YES's area as the Yankees have claimed my ZIP code as a blackout area for Extra Innings. As the Network Qualify page hasn't change in eons, they may not have gotten to changing it yet, but it is a godd sign that they even have a code in the system for YES.

I just couldn't believe that MLB would let them have extra innings without offering everyone their regional sports networks. I'm surprised they haven't announced YES already, but I guess they have been negotiating heavily since Cablevision's arbitration was finalized (the good news is that the price is cheaper, the bad news is that it has to be carried on the "expanded basic" tier. It will be interesting as to whether both sides can agree that that is AT60, 120, or 180......

It IS good to see some evidence of movement towards an agreement though.

We may even see loads of denials or no comments until the "official announcement" (see the Mike Dugan saga for evidence of this page of their playbook)...

Hey, I'm psyched either way.... I just found out that my MSN Premium subscription gets me free MLB.TV for the season.......... bonus! Live games on my PC at work again this year.........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)