Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Please consider this a rumor (although I consider it a good rumor since the person who told me was one of the first to tell me about the MLB package.)

I am hearing that Dish is VERY CLOSE to signing a deal with the YES network (rejoice Yankees fans) and that the way things are now YES should be available on Dish Network before the MLB opening day.

If you want YES speak up, lets make sure they get the deal done this time. :)

More if I hear anything.

What is YES network? I have heard of it but dont have a clue. Is it like the new yankee work shop :D . What will it do for me down here in south Georgia?

YES network is a regional sports network (like FoxSports) and is home to the New York Yankees and New Jersey Nets.

People who live in the NY area have been without their home team for over 2 years now.

WHOA! First, Extra Innings and now this?

I can sign up another 5 E* subscribers away from cable now. 1 was about to get D* in the next month, now I'll tell him to get E*.....

He wants to get what I have since I am the unofficial Tech Support guy for all things TV, Home Theater, and Computer related in my office and family. I told him that if he got D* he was on his own if problems popped up as I didn't have it. He is a huge Yankee fan and will now be signing up if the rumor comes true.

OK......

1. Extra Innings!
2. YES?
3. C'Mon go for the hat trick -- Gimme some more HD! and all the Viacom mess will be forgiven....... (either making CBS/Nick go dark OR caving too quick and not getting anything substantial in concessions ... choose whichever side of the fence you are on)

Scott Greczkowski said:
Please consider this a rumor (although I consider it a good rumor since the person who told me was one of the first to tell me about the MLB package.)

I am hearing that Dish is VERY CLOSE to signing a deal with the YES network (rejoice Yankees fans) and that the way things are now YES should be available on Dish Network before the MLB opening day.

If you want YES speak up, lets make sure they get the deal done this time. :)

I hope this is true then I can dump Directv and save alot of money.The only thing I had Direct for is MLB extra innings and Yes. 1 DOWN 1 TO GO!
By the way Scott this is a great site you have going keep up the Great work!!!!!!

Scott Greczkowski said:
YES network is a regional sports network (like FoxSports) and is home to the New York Yankees and New Jersey Nets.

People who live in the NY area have been without their home team for over 2 years now.

Thanks Scott I was just kidding with y'all up there. I hope you get it, I need TBS like y'all need YES I guess. Good luck.

What package do you need to get this? Is it included in the in AEP? or just in the NY area?

p.s. Yankees Suck!!

(I have to say that, it's the law)

I don't but I have a lot of friends that are Yankees fans. When they come over and ask to see the Yankees game, it makes Dishnetwork inferior to Cablevision when I say I can't receive it. I would like to watch the Nets occasionally. It would be nice to have. I wrote to ceo@echostar.com and expressed my opinion.

This will allow E* to start regaining that subscriber acquisition momentum they had but lost in the last two quarters......

C'Mon Charlie.... Make it So.

As much as I hate the Yankees, I would like to see YES on DISH. And I must admit I enjoy watching Mike and the Maddog show on YES. I don't know why but its interesting to me to watch Radio on TV.

Mike and the Mad dog show would be cool. So, the answer to my question is? Would Yes only be available to those in the ny area?

ROLLTIDE said:
Who watches the Yankees ? j/k
Moi. And countless legions of Yankee fans. Oh, and those who dislike the Yankees and want to see their favorite teams lose to the Yanks. <G>

Go Bombers!! The Pride & The Power!

This is the best news I've heard in a while. One less reason to consider dropping E*. Now, if they can only find some compelling HD programming!

P.S. Rumour has it that YES may start broadcasting Yankee games in HD come July. Fingers crossed.

AndyMon said:
Poor fella. I feel for you :river
Yes, you are correct. Triple A teams can be considered home teams to some. ;) :D

Even A ball teams are home teams to some. It's usually the most fun baseball because those teams aren't just the best teams money can buy. They're just fun.

The Yankees wouldn't be the best team money can buy, either, of course. Just the most expensive. The Marlins would be the best team in '03. The Angels in '02. And, the Diamondbacks in '01. :D

AndyMon said:
Poor fella. I feel for you :river
Yes, you are correct. Triple A teams can be considered home teams to some. ;) :D

Hehehehe, I can't wait to get my Home team's games back on my TV :)!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts