Rumor: January Windows Phone 7 update to be massive, catches up with iPhone

I just don't think Microsoft has it in them. They're better at producing press releases than product.

And there will still be that stupid memory card limitation. And limited success in inducing developers to produce apps for them.

Windows needs to not only catch iPhone but also Android. Windows certification for license is going to turn off developers. The tiling is not attractive to many. I wish the HD7 on T-Mobile would have come with Android.

I just don't think Microsoft has it in them. They're better at producing press releases than product.

And there will still be that stupid memory card limitation. And limited success in inducing developers to produce apps for them.

I agree, they are too late to the party.

I agree, they are too late to the party.

Yes it is really interesting that they did not immediately react to the first iPhone. MS let the whole market run away, I do not see them ever really catching up. Android is free and the feature rate addition is going to keep outpacing MS for quite a while. As a phone manufacturer why choose the Win7 OS unless MS pays you to do so?

IOS will go on strong as long as Apple stays in the front running on hardware design. They have a captive market of iOS on their own hardware.

This leaves MS out with a behind product that costs money without a captive hardware platform. I am not saying it will be a failure, just that I do not see it becomming a dominate force in the phone market. If anything gets too innovative on the MS platform, the others will get it soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts