Rumor NO MORE!, SpeedHD, FX HD & More THIS WEEK! (NOW LIVE)

AEPwith locals+GoldHD+PlatHD here. All red. Reboot - NG. Can someone having the same problems post here that calling 1-800-333-DISH and having following the prompts for "not receiving a channel I should" works?

Had same problem. I tried the automated re-activate route and could not find the path. I got thru to tech support right away however. They do not know what's up but just talk nice till you convince them that they should re-hit your account.

The guy did do that and now the channels are available. No more red. The tech guy had to go talk to the superv before doing the hit and came back to tell me that I would not get the channels till they had them in their computer but he would do the hit anyway. Gotta luv'em....

TomP

I'm arguing with a CSR that's telling me they don't carry Speed HD

I was too, but just for fun.:D

SPEED HD & FX HD were in my guide, but red and unavailable.

I knew all I needed was to have my receiver "re-authorized", but I also knew I had to go through the usual hoops.

With the first CSR, I started off by verifying that I subscribe to AEP, Premiums, Locals, & Platinum HD. She agreed. Then I told her my guide wasn't letting me tune to SPEED HD or FX HD. After putting me on hold, she said the channels aren't available in HD. I said, "Then can you tell me why they're in my guide with a message telling me to call you to subscribe?"

She then put me on with a 2nd level CSR. I told her she needed to re-authorize my receiver and why. She agreed without putting me through the usual troubleshooting maneuvers. The channels are now available to me.

Again, I figured I could've just waited and they'd have eventually showed up. But I had nothing else to do so I harrassed a level 1 CSR for giggles. I wasn't rude to her, by the way...

On the absolute HD package and screwed again. No FXHD and SPEEDHD.

But I get.........

BETHD??? LOGOHD???? Come on, give me a frigging break.

I am about to tell them to take a frigging hike.

Personally, I don't think the Absolute people have much to complain about. With the price they are paying, any additions seem like gravy to me. Silver and Gold TurboHD subcribers may have a point in their complaints, in my humble opinion.

Then I told her my guide wasn't letting me tune to SPEED HD or FX HD.
Tip to callers: Tell them you're not getting some other channel in your guide that you should be getting (ie, something that's in their computers right now today) -- it will save you a few steps.

"I should be getting Discovery, but it shows up in red." something like that.

It should be a faster path to getting them to reauth your receiver.

Yeah, you got some additional channels and no price increase.

The world cries for you.
Once again the ABSOLUTE hating begins. When I signed up for ABSOLUTE, I was assured (EXACTLY THE SAME AS TURBO GOLDHD CUSTOMERS WERE ASSURED) that I would receive all new non-premium hd channels as they were added. I would not have signed up for it otherwise (AGAIN MUCH THE SAME AS WHAT I AM HEARING FROM TURBO GOLD SUBS). Who cares if we are paying less. It certainly is not our fault that some missed the boat on that one. Either way, we were mislead just the same as the turbo folks. We are in this together.

Man, I hope. Not that I would watch it, but I don't get the BET HD. So with that, it had me worried with the new ones today.

I would worry. You may have to call in for a rehit. I have at250 and gold hd and Bet HD is still red and now Speed HD and FXHD are red too looking at my receiver via sling. Have to call or chat with them when I get home tonight. Nothing is ever easy with Dish anymore!

I was too, but just for fun.:D

SPEED HD & FX HD were in my guide, but red and unavailable.

I knew all I needed was to have my receiver "re-authorized", but I also knew I had to go through the usual hoops.

With the first CSR, I started off by verifying that I subscribe to AEP, Premiums, Locals, & Platinum HD. She agreed. Then I told her my guide wasn't letting me tune to SPEED HD or FX HD. After putting me on hold, she said the channels aren't available in HD. I said, "Then can you tell me why they're in my guide with a message telling me to call you to subscribe?"

She then put me on with a 2nd level CSR. I told her she needed to re-authorize my receiver and why. She agreed without putting me through the usual troubleshooting maneuvers. The channels are now available to me.

Again, I figured I could've just waited and they'd have eventually showed up. But I had nothing else to do so I harrassed a level 1 CSR for giggles. I wasn't rude to her, by the way...

Thanks! That solved my problem and I only had to go through 1 CSR to get it done.

Once again the ABSOLUTE hating begins. When I signed up for ABSOLUTE, I was assured (EXACTLY THE SAME AS TURBO GOLDHD CUSTOMERS WERE ASSURED) that I would receive all new non-premium hd channels as they were added. I would not have signed up for it otherwise (AGAIN MUCH THE SAME AS WHAT I AM HEARING FROM TURBO GOLD SUBS). Who cares if we are paying less. It certainly is not our fault that some missed the boat on that one. Either way, we were mislead just the same as the turbo folks. We are in this together.

Other than Dish has explicitly stated that Absolute package was no longer available summer 2008 and that there would be no new HD added after 2009. The fact that Absolute folks even got new HD is pretty amazing ... with that being said though ... technically you are entitled to nothing new.

Edit:

If you are enjoying your channel selection ... then there is no reason to drop it ... keep it while you can!

Other than Dish has explicitly stated that Absolute package was no longer available summer 2008 and that there would be no new HD added after 2009. The fact that Absolute folks even got new HD is pretty amazing ... with that being said though ... technically you are entitled to nothing new.
And again I beg anyone to show me where that has been said. No one has ever been able to show proof that dish said there would be nothing more added to absolute. It was an assumption, and an incorrect one.

Edit:

If you are enjoying your channel selection ... then there is no reason to drop it ... keep it while you can!

DISH NEVER said this. It was pure speculation, and still is, as Absolute seems to be getting some HD channels, but not others.

That's incorrect when HD Absolute was introduced Dish promised any new channels introduced thru end of 2008 will be automatically added. They never promised it is an open ended contract.

That's incorrect when HD Absolute was introduced Dish promised any new channels introduced thru end of 2008 will be automatically added. They never promised it is an open ended contract.
They NEVER said NO MORE CHANNELS you are making inferences from something that was NEVER stated

I have the Absolute and I was also told the same thing. As you said, we just got in on it when it was available. I know a lot that whined and cried until they got changed from HD Absolute to one of the Turbo packages (because they heard Absolute wasn't going to get anymore channels) well they whine and emailed the CEO and now are in the same boat, maybe even worse. But, the point is, we were all told that we would get all non-premium HD channels as they were added.

EDIT: I never was told "only thru the end of 2008" what I heard on a Charlie Chat was "at least thru the end of 2008" and people just ASSUMED that meant no more after Jan 1, 2009.

Quit yer whining. You should have signed up for it when you had the chance................... :rolleyes:
I wasn't the one whining -- I was responding to an HD Absolute sub whining that they didn't get more stuff.

I had HD Absolute from the end of the 2007-2008 hockey season until the start of the 2008-2009 hockey season when I changed plans to get my RSN.

It's a great package that has some compromises to it (ie, no RSNs), and if you were okay with those compromises then it was a phenomenal value. That's why people signed up for it, because when it came out it was a heck of a deal for the channels it contained. That Dish has added additional channels to the package is amazing, and makes it an even more phenomenal deal. Still -- people bitch because it doesn't contain a couple additional channels they'd like. It's like a little girl complaining her parents won't get her a pony.

Absolute was a great deal when it came out, and it's a better deal since they've added more channels. If it doesn't contain some of the channels channels you want, then change plans.

Attachments

• nopony.jpg
    nopony.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 108
The point remains that Dish is no longer offering the Absolute package ... the fact that they are supporting existing Absolute customers is purely a courtesy. Enjoy it while you can ...

I would worry. You may have to call in for a rehit. I have at250 and gold hd and Bet HD is still red and now Speed HD and FXHD are red too looking at my receiver via sling. Have to call or chat with them when I get home tonight. Nothing is ever easy with Dish anymore!

Yep, got home and they are both red for me....:mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)