Rumor NO MORE!, SpeedHD, FX HD & More THIS WEEK! (NOW LIVE)

You mean the agreement where they said it would include the HD channels added in 2008?

The Charlie Chat slide is here: http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=22657&d=1205199945
Never seen that slide before. I was referring to the words spoken out of Charlie Ergen's mouth. Not a Powerpoint slide.

On top of that, I was also referring to the words that came out of Dominique's mouth that screwed me over causing me to pay more and get less and not get the channels I was promised and specifically wanted. And I again reitterate she was on the ERT.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Dish customers finally get LOGO and in HD yet. I didn't even know there was an HD version of LOGO. Is Dish the first one to carry it?

I don't know if anyone noticed, (or if it would even matter to most of you here), but LOGO is not in HD, the menu says it is HD, it's bundled in an HD package, but my 42in Plasma shows me otherwise...

It is so obvious they were probably forced to carry it with whatever deal they made with Viacom to add their other HD channels and dumped it in the Platinum package so not to offend the people who don't want it.

I wouldn't have a problem with it if they added the SD channel as an Ala Cart for a small fee, but I think it really stinks that if you want it, you're forced to spend $10 for something that is being labeled as an HD channel when it's clearly not. Yes, I know you get other HD channels in the package for your $10, but IMO, they're crappy ones at that and not worth it.

BTW, I have been coming here reading the boards for years, but this is the first time I ever posted anything.

I don't know if anyone noticed, (or if it would even matter to most of you here), but LOGO is not in HD, the menu says it is HD, it's bundled in an HD package, but my 42in Plasma shows me otherwise...

It is so obvious they were probably forced to carry it with whatever deal they made with Viacom to add their other HD channels and dumped it in the Platinum package so not to offend the people who don't want it.

I wouldn't have a problem with it if they added the SD channel as an Ala Cart for a small fee, but I think it really stinks that if you want it, you're forced to spend $10 for something that is being labeled as an HD channel when it's clearly not. Yes, I know you get other HD channels in the package for your $10, but IMO, they're crappy ones at that and not worth it.

BTW, I have been coming here reading the boards for years, but this is the first time I ever posted anything.

Yeah, it seems to be 100% SD now, but that gives us something to look forward to in the future, right? :) At least it's available now, IMO. Some cable systems still don't have it in any form.

All in all, a pretty good week for us Dish subs. When the Turbo folks are appeased, we can all sit back and enjoy our HD superiority. :)

I have turbo HD Gold but am having trouble getting these channels. Do I need to reset my box or call them? I was told Dish was adding many HD channels to my package when I signed up. so I assume I'm supposed to receve these channels. Am I wrong?

Just call Dish and choose the "Technical Support" option. Follow the prompts and when they ask if you are seeing an "Error" or "Attention" message say "Yes." Then they'll ask for the error code. You can reply with either "013" or "014." The voice will then tell you that they are sending a signal to your receiver. It takes a few minutes, but the channels will show up. This is much easier than dealing with a live person and trying to explain everything.

Dude thanks that worked

obviously you cant as I had to remove a few posts from you and others

so lets keep it on topic without the flaming and name calling. Thank you

because you decided to repost what was removed as flaming. So I edited that part out instead of deleting the whole post. If you want to delete the post go ahead

because you decided to repost what was removed as flaming. So I edited that part out instead of deleting the whole post. If you want to delete the post go ahead
I guess we have to disagree on what is flaming. I paraphrased our President.

If you want to remove the post, then you remove it. If you edit it, as you did, at least please have the common courtesy to allow a tag to be shown that you have edited my post and it is not what I originally posted. That is all I ask.

Thank you for the explanation. Then the software needs to be updated. And if that is not possible, then the mods need to add their own edit tags if it is done within that "specific time frame". But I appreciate your candidness.

Thanks Iceberg - that was off track and now we can get back on track about waiting to see what Charile is going to about making Turbo subs happy or upset enough to leave. Thankfully Absolute subs can wait it out still have a good deal in the mean-time.

Just call Dish and choose the "Technical Support" option. Follow the prompts and when they ask if you are seeing an "Error" or "Attention" message say "Yes." Then they'll ask for the error code. You can reply with either "013" or "014." The voice will then tell you that they are sending a signal to your receiver. It takes a few minutes, but the channels will show up. This is much easier than dealing with a live person and trying to explain everything.

Dude thanks that worked

Worked for me too, thanks for the help! :up

Yeah, it seems to be 100% SD now, but that gives us something to look forward to in the future, right? :) At least it's available now, IMO. Some cable systems still don't have it in any form.

I'm fine with them adding it as an HD channel; Dish SD (a.k.a. Blur-O-Vision) leaves a lot to be desired and you just know, given how reluctant they seem to have been to even add this channel, they would have assigned Logo the lowest possible bandwidth they could get away with.

I agree that the Turbo customers should get all the new HD but, if they get mad enough to leave, where are they gonna go? They can't beat the deal at any other provider. Turbo customers that need the channels now should just swith to a classic pak plus hd until the smoke clears on the turbo pak. I agree that ya'll should not have to do that but, you can't beat the deal anywhere else so, might as well stay. Besides, anybody that is a turbo customer is most likely still under contract being as how turbo is less than a year old.

How does this work if....

you have multiple receivers? I have two 211ks that are fine, it's just my 622 that needs the hit :confused:.

Thanks, Gerry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts