Rumor NO MORE!, SpeedHD, FX HD & More THIS WEEK! (NOW LIVE)

Well, at least according to the private meeting, there is hope for Turbo subs. I just see no need to a package with SD programming, and don't feel I should have to pay $20 more a month for it.

Well, at least according to the private meeting, there is hope for Turbo subs. I just see no need to a package with SD programming, and don't feel I should have to pay $20 more a month for it.

According to that same meeting, some of Dish higher ups did not even know about the problem. Why am I not surprised??:rolleyes:

Promises about fixing things are a priority at these things. Getting it done is another matter!!

Yeah, that amazes me too.

Here's the thing, if you arent gonna support TurboHD, do not make it the first thing (at the top of the page too) when you click a link on Dish's site for programming. Thats just dumb.

How does one get to Tech Support? My Speed and FX aren't working either. When I called the customer service number, I tried to follow the voice prompts but got transferred to an Indian CSR. She said that having Gold HD wasn't enough -- I needed to have "Dish HD Essential" (wtf is that, I can't keep up with the new names) plus "Dish Latino Max" (wtf, why?) So I hung up, because if I had attempted to carry on the conversation it would NOT have been pleasant! There are millions of people out of work in this country, so why should support be handled by someone who cannot possibly even have any familiarity with the product they're supporting?

How does one get to Tech Support? My Speed and FX aren't working either. When I called the customer service number, I tried to follow the voice prompts but got transferred to an Indian CSR. She said that having Gold HD wasn't enough -- I needed to have "Dish HD Essential" (wtf is that, I can't keep up with the new names) plus "Dish Latino Max" (wtf, why?) So I hung up, because if I had attempted to carry on the conversation it would NOT have been pleasant! There are millions of people out of work in this country, so why should support be handled by someone who cannot possibly even have any familiarity with the product they're supporting?

Surprised that you could understand her. ;) You may try an online chat session - others have reported it worked for them and you don't have to deal with the language barrier (hopefully) - just tell then you need an authorization hit refresh - don't confuse them with the new channels - just tell them a lot of channels you were getting before are showing as red in your guide. The button for chat is on the left side a bit down this page --
DISH Network Support - Customer Support For DISH Network

Just call Dish and choose the "Technical Support" option. Follow the prompts and when they ask if you are seeing an "Error" or "Attention" message say "Yes." Then they'll ask for the error code. You can reply with either "013" or "014." The voice will then tell you that they are sending a signal to your receiver. It takes a few minutes, but the channels will show up. This is much easier than dealing with a live person and trying to explain everything.

I guess most of you must be really young, because you don't remember that before the Asian outsourced customer service by people reading their responses off the screen, instead when you called any company's Customer Service, you were connected to an American-born high-school-dropout who couldn't understand or speak English correctly - even though they did not speak any other language. ;)

Customer Service Rep has never been a high-paying job with MBA graduates standing in line to apply...

Absolute includes the Platinum package so you get anything added to that. You also get anything added to the Turbo HD packages. Overall, the absolute subscribers are doing much better than the Turbo HD subscribers and without the large rate increase they were given.

oh I agree completely. I'm not complaining, because I didn't expect comedy and spike, either. I was just hoping the lucky streak would continue. we're definitely way better than the turbo subs out there, I'm glad I signed up just before absolute went a way, the rumors on turboHD on this site had me convinced it would be a worse deal right from the start, and that is the way it's worked out.

You may try an online chat session - others have reported it worked for them and you don't have to deal with the language barrier (hopefully) - just tell then you need an authorization hit refresh - don't confuse them with the new channels - just tell them a lot of channels you were getting before are showing as red in your guide. The button for chat is on the left side a bit down this page --

This worked for me too. Spent maybe 10 minutes on the online chat. Had to reel-off a few numbers from the info screen, told them I wasn't receiving Scifi-HD (to avoid any channel confuson issues) and they said they would send a signal, and that in 5-15 minutes the channel should no longer be red. About 2 minutes later, Speed-HD and FX-HD were both working. Yea!!:up

Surprised that you could understand her. ;) You may try an online chat session - others have reported it worked for them and you don't have to deal with the language barrier (hopefully) - just tell then you need an authorization hit refresh - don't confuse them with the new channels - just tell them a lot of channels you were getting before are showing as red in your guide. The button for chat is on the left side a bit down this page --
I just got done with tech support online chat,they asked for some numbers and in about 5-10 minutes 136 &150 are viewable :up

Thanks Phil!:hatsoff:

I sent the story to engadget that there were new channels added, and I also complained about Turbo and they actually published it! With the Turbo subs getting screwed part and all!

All DISH customers with 5 new national HD channels step forward -- not so fast Turbo HD subs
Good for you. I have just sent an email to consumerist.com about my experience this weekend with Dish.

Here it is....... I hope they publish it.

Dish Network Leader in HD. NOT!!! They are leaders in screwing their customers!!!

I have been a Dish subscriber for more than 4 years. I switched over to them when they bought the VOOM! Networks. Early last year after hearing about a new all HD package called Absolute HD from Charlie Ergen (President and CEO of Dish) on a show called Charlie Chat I switched to that package. It was reasonably priced and Charlie promised I would receive all new non-premium HD channels as they came on line.

Well in February of this year, they discontinued the package. But, Charlie Ergen stated that the package would be grand-fathered but no new people would be added on this package. I could live with that.

Until several channels were added and I didn't get them. They threw a few bones at us by giving us inconsequential channels but kept us from getting the meat and potatoes. Specifically in the first round of additions, they did not let us get FOXNews HD or FOXNews Business. I called to complain to no avail. I was again reassured that the package was grand-fathered but I would not receive ALL new non-premium HD. I always thought grand-fathered meant they would still uphold their end of the agreement.

Well last week they added several more HD channels to their line up. Specifically MavTV, Fashion Channel, BET, LogoHD, FXHD, and Speed HD. I have really been waiting on the last two for a long time. When it came down to it, I ended up getting MavTV, Fashion Channel, BET, and Logo. Woot!!!!!! Crap channels. The only good channels were not grand-fathered into my package. Specifically FX and Speed.

So I go into chat online and after several hours of trouble shooting and waiting, I was finally told that I would not be able to receive FX and Speed on my package. I was told to call customer service and ask for the Executive Resolution Team(ERT) after I informed them a post would be made about my experience to consumerist.com.

So I called. I explained my problem. Dominique (with the ERT) promised to resolve my issue. She 'upgraded' me to the Turbo HD package with the specific promise I would receive FoxNews, FX, and Speed. I would lose a few crap channels and I would lose HDNet Movies. I did not like losing that channel but agreed. I agreed verbally to a 2 year commitment. She gave me a $10 monthly credit for the first year so the package would be in the ballpark of old package. I can live with that.

Well I find myself writing you because I didn't get the channels I was specifically promised and specifically asked for. I am now paying more for less channels on top of that. And a two-year commitment. (I was on month to month since I had been with them so long) And they will not switch me back to my old package. And I am LIVID. Michael on the ERT said there is no way I will get those channels on Turbo HD and I must upgrade my package. I will also have to pay for a lot of SD channels that I will not watch.

This has been a problem for Absolute HD customers for a long time. Don't confuse this with the problems that subscribers to Turbo HD are having after paying a $10 price increase this year after hearing Charlie Ergen say it was to pay for all of the new HD coming down the pipe this year. Which they didn't get added to their package.

Stay away from DishNetwork. They lie!! And Charlie Ergen lies!!!!!

Good for you. I have just sent an email to consumerist.com about my experience this weekend with Dish.

Here it is....... I hope they publish it.
Very nice letter. Well put. You might have mentioned the viacoms we didn't get as well though i.e., VH1, MTV, NICK..... But I think it was well written without sounding nasty and angry like most of us are feeling. Way to go!

Very nice letter. Well put. You might have mentioned the viacoms we didn't get as well though i.e., VH1, MTV, NICK..... But I think it was well written without sounding nasty and angry like most of us are feeling. Way to go!
This all went down Friday night. I have refrained from writing it until today just because of the fact that I was so livid and I didn't want it to be discounted because of it being nasty. Yes I also forgot to add the part about the Viacoms. I will send them a followup on that as well. Thanks for the pointing out the omission.

I had a similar experience on Friday, only I was told we shouldn't have gotten any channels, I explained everything that I had been told by their representatives, named dates, names etc. I also informed her that none of the Turbo HD were getting the channels they should get. Finally asked for a supervisor since the English challenged individual finally said she couldn't do anything for me. I was very polite (as I have worked at call centers and know the procedures). She put me on hold, then came back and said she could upgrade me to a different package, again I explained I did not want a different package I just wanted what I was told I would get or a reasonable explanation as to why I wasn't getting them (i.e. the channel owner didn't want them in HD only etc,) Finally I get an American supervisor. Again, I explained what I had been told, what I had gotten, and what I had not and was told the we were grandfathered back in August and shouldn't have gotten anything since then. I explained again that I had been assured by every CSR that while no new people could sign up I would continue to receive the channels as long as I had the package, I got told again that I should just be grateful that I got the ones I got and that for $34.99 I was getting more than I should and hung up on me!! Like you I have been livid, and have not said or done anything about this until I could calm down. I plan an email to the CEO email. There was absolutely no call for this kind of treatment. As I stated, I have worked in call centers and I know the limitations at the different levels and know there is no use in being rude, it won't get you anywhere. But to be hung up on has really ticked me off.:mad:

I had a similar experience on Friday, only I was told we shouldn't have gotten any channels, I explained everything that I had been told by their representatives, named dates, names etc. I also informed her that none of the Turbo HD were getting the channels they should get. Finally asked for a supervisor since the English challenged individual finally said she couldn't do anything for me. I was very polite (as I have worked at call centers and know the procedures). She put me on hold, then came back and said she could upgrade me to a different package, again I explained I did not want a different package I just wanted what I was told I would get or a reasonable explanation as to why I wasn't getting them (i.e. the channel owner didn't want them in HD only etc,) Finally I get an American supervisor. Again, I explained what I had been told, what I had gotten, and what I had not and was told the we were grandfathered back in August and shouldn't have gotten anything since then. I explained again that I had been assured by every CSR that while no new people could sign up I would continue to receive the channels as long as I had the package, I got told again that I should just be grateful that I got the ones I got and that for $34.99 I was getting more than I should and hung up on me!! Like you I have been livid, and have not said or done anything about this until I could calm down. I plan an email to the CEO email. There was absolutely no call for this kind of treatment. As I stated, I have worked in call centers and I know the limitations at the different levels and know there is no use in being rude, it won't get you anywhere. But to be hung up on has really ticked me off.:mad:
Thanks for the info, but remind me why you called in the first place if you have Absolute HD?

Dude, you should see the chat transcript. ( I saved it) I will edit personal info and post tomorrow.

Between chat and phone calls, I was talking with them for damn near 6 hours Friday night/Saturday morning.

And still got screwed over and am in a worse position than when I first called them due to their lies.

Start your complaints to consumerist.com and engadget.

I am also contacting the Better Business Bureau tomorrow.

Because we want Charlie to abide by his agreement. He throws us crap channels like gay TV and holds back the good channels.
I'll take your word for his unless he relplies differently. He/We got 3 new channels out of 5 and that with the lowest priced HD package. Absolute HD forever!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)