Rumor NO MORE!, SpeedHD, FX HD & More THIS WEEK! (NOW LIVE)

I'm looking at my guide right now and see channel 9465 as MAVHD. It says its available to me, but the program guide says Off Air and when I try to go to it it says that this is a special event which is not for purchase. I don't see any others up.

Also, I am with HDRoberts about the Comcast channels, particularly E!, because even if they came on and don't have any HD, I would still actually be getting the channels. My girl friend would flip with joy if she could watch all of that E! stuff.

If you really loved her, you'd upgrade your package.

I was just looking at the HD comparision chart. If these channels are turned on, the only channels Direct will have that Dish doesn't (excluding RSNs) are:

The 101
Smithsonian HD
Fuel TV HD
MLB HD
Showtime West HD
Showtime Extreme HD.

That's not much of a negative difference at all and doesn't even consider the channels that Dish has and Direct doesn't.

I hate to sound positive, but Dish has done a good job of adding HD this past year, or maybe it's that Direct has gone into hibernation.

I'm looking at my guide right now and see channel 9465 as MAVHD. It says its available to me, but the program guide says Off Air and when I try to go to it it says that this is a special event which is not for purchase. I don't see any others up.

That's the Dallas mavrick network which shows some mavs games in hd. It is not the same channel.

I dont understand how you are. As I said there is NO hd period on these channels, they are another form of BET JAZZ, or viacom in their early days :). That could change in the futue but in their present form. I havent seen any HD on those channels.

Sorry Bob, you're wrong here. Maybe you're just not watching the primetime shows.

If you really loved her, you'd upgrade your package.
I thought I did when I signed up for Turbo Gold; I mistakenly thought all of the new HD would be coming my way... I was wrong... Horribly, horribly wrong...

Seriously though, I may downgrade to silver if this round of additions does not bring new HD to the Gold level. I mean, what is the point of the price increase? To add three channels to the bronze level?... Either way, I will stick with HD only for now... Even if it means losing my girl friend over E!... I am now stuck with my principles...

I thought I did when I signed up for Turbo Gold; I mistakenly thought all of the new HD would be coming my way... I was wrong... Horribly, horribly wrong...

Seriously though, I may downgrade to silver if this round of additions does not bring new HD to the Gold level. I mean, what is the point of the price increase? To add three channels to the bronze level?... Either way, I will stick with HD only for now... Even if it means losing my girl friend over E!... I am now stuck with my principles...

There's little advantage to Turbo Silver over Turbo Bronze. I'm with you though and really disappointed with the big price increases on the Turbo packages considering we only got Comedy, Spike, and CMT.

Was not aware that such a channel exists. You could see my misunderstanding with a MavTV channel in HD being talked about as an addition.
Yup, its easy to understand the confusion. I honestly dont know why they still have the Mav's channel as I dont believe it has shown a single Mavs game in HD all season long.

I'd rather have Fashion HD than Speed. So, it's not a full consensus.

Maybe Dish might even bring Smith...nah...

Hopefully we'll get the Rainbow stuff (maybe) some time this year! Then, we can ask for more premiums (need more Showtimes + MoreMax and TMCXE HD) again! :hungry:
Rainbow is owned by Cablevision, right? If so, I wouldn't expect to get any of these Rainbow HD channels anytime soon - I mean, if I were Dish, I would clearly say to Rainbow that I'd be carrying their HD channels on the same day they allow Dish to launch MSG and MSG+ HD feeds. And, on the Cablevision side, Cablevision clearly advertises here in NYC Metro that MSG and MSG+ aren't available on Fios, AT&T or Dish, so wouldn't Cablevision want exclusivity in the Rainbow channels, too?

Rainbow is owned by Cablevision, right? If so, I wouldn't expect to get any of these Rainbow HD channels anytime soon - I mean, if I were Dish, I would clearly say to Rainbow that I'd be carrying their HD channels on the same day they allow Dish to launch MSG and MSG+ HD feeds. And, on the Cablevision side, Cablevision clearly advertises here in NYC Metro that MSG and MSG+ aren't available on Fios, AT&T or Dish, so wouldn't Cablevision want exclusivity in the Rainbow channels, too?

I thought that having more eyeballs viewing your programming meant you could charge more for advertising. Would advertisers want to pay much for commercials on channels that relatively few people can view?

There's little advantage to Turbo Silver over Turbo Bronze.
I would only stick with Silver because of must haves in that tier for my girl friend; in fact, I only have Gold because I wanted to get all of the additions to HD, but like I said before, that plan isn't quite panning out yet...

I hate to bring up Voom but... it's like they are replacing only the crappy Voom channels one at a time (Fashion TV, Mav TV) with something even more crappier and totally ignoring the 'good' ones - Monsters HD, World (whatever it was called), and the other movie channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)