Rumor NO MORE!, SpeedHD, FX HD & More THIS WEEK! (NOW LIVE)

lol its funny when i read these threads. Up north in Canada Speed HD was like one of the first non network HD channels to hit Starchoice/Belltv. I'd be willing to bet most up north would be willing to trade that channel to get something like spike HD for even 1/2 a day. :p

I didn't realize Speed was all that popular. I guess I was wrong. I don't even have it listed in my guide, I took it off the guide once we got it..

Yes, it was multiple people involved on this and other threads. My point is that it's alright if those who want one channel call everything they don't want crap, but those who don't want their channel are in the wrong. The alt lifestyle guy isn't the only one that's been called a homophobe here - some who just said it's not a big channel demand wise compared to others are almost immediately called homophobe. It's not just today, look at some threads from weeks ago and you'll see it.

I live by what Tony Kornheiser used to say about his own show...if you don't like what you see or hear, turn the dial to the left.

I believe there were different people here -

One called the channels crap

Another called the "alternative lifestyle" guy a homophobe.

Personally, i think the phrasing of the "alternative lifestyle" guy is more offensive.

If he were to criticize someone for wanting a channel catering to Blacks or Jews, he'd be banned (or reprimanded), but gays seem to be fair game.

But back to the subject at hand, there are just so many channels out there I could care less about which is fine, that's what favorite lists are for, but I do think that all groups deserve some kind of representation with the channel packages - especially with such a large number of offerings out there. One persons enjoyment is another's filter.

I didn't realize Speed was all that popular. I guess I was wrong. I don't even have it listed in my guide, I took it off the guide once we got it..

Could care less about the channel and I also didn't realize its popularity. But the posts about it being added is numerous. Hopefully it will be turned on this week for the race fans.

I second the question.

But IMO RSN don't have to be 100% full time, BUT if a RSN has a sporting event that is being broadcast in HD then it needs to be on the HD channel. Right now Dish Network is making sporting event coverage far too hit or miss on their RSN HD channels -- at least that is my experience with Cards baseball games on Fox Sports Midwest HD.
:up:up

FTA sites? Dont you mean hacker sites?

And to the other poster be sure and turn him in for stealing...not sure about the legalities but I wouldnt want to be involved or know if any of my friends were comitting a crime.

FTA sites? Dont you mean hacker sites?

And to the other poster be sure and turn him in for stealing...not sure about the legalities but I wouldnt want to be involved or know if any of my friends were comitting a crime.
If one of your friends is talking about an album he downloaded, do you call up the RIAA?

I usually visit my mum on Saturdays and I always try to squeeze in a little Speed HD on her DirecTV. She has it at her house and does not even care.

he says, after removing head from sand.
I would have had a similar answer. It's very common for people to download an album (or a song more likely) legally - like from itunes. Now that I'm no longer in college and around the types that d/l illegally, I don't see much of any of that anymore.

I'm just glad there's a way to easily get the 1 song off of an album that you want while leaving the rest behind, and for only a buck.

I thought this feed is only available via SD. Viacom last week indicated BET would be using Motorola's MPEG4 for their HD feed to the headends.

Direct does not have Logo in HD.

Maybe it is a placeholder like BET-J

Read the whole thread, it gets tiresome repeating bits of information that was posted in the previous page....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)