Rumor NO MORE!, SpeedHD, FX HD & More THIS WEEK! (NOW LIVE)

Call Dish Network Tech Support and ask for an authorization rehit. Talk nice, some CSRs don't know that new channels came on today. You might be able to follow automated prompts about "channel I should have" I had to talk to CSR about 10 minutes and the rehit did the trick. A check switch and receiver reboot didn't.
i called dish and while i was on the phone it switched on itself...so all is good now.
i just told here nevermind its working now -lol.

Thanks to this website and this thread, specifically. I have AEP, premiums, Gold & Platinum HD. CSR and (alleged) supervisor told me FX HD and Speed HD were not active. I asked for a hit on my receiver and was told they are not authorized to do that, but transferred me to the technical department.

The pleasant woman there laughed and said I was the second one who reached her today with that problem. FX HD and Speed HD turned on in a minute (while she stayed on the line to verify that they were on).
Sounds like my work - no cross talk between offices.

Here's the email:

DISH Network(R) Introduces New National HD Channels
--Leads All TV Service Providers with More Than 140 National HD Channels

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., May 8, 2009 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX News Network/ -- Today, DISH Network(R) introduces the high definition feeds of: FX, SPEED, Fashion TV (FTV), Logo and MavTV, fortifying its HD superiority and bringing its total national HD count to more than 140 channels. DISH Network also announced that it will now host the complete 24-hour feed of The N on DISH Network Ch. 181, its new permanent location. Additionally, DISH Network will launch MSNBC HD in June.

"No one has more HD than DISH Network," said Dave Shull, senior vice president of Programming for DISH Network. "We're delivering the best HD service, and when you add our DVR technology with our affordable pricing, DISH Network is the only choice for consumers looking for the ultimate HD experience."

FX HD and SPEED HD are located in DISH Network's Classic Silver 200 HD programming package and above, available to consumers starting at $22.99 per month for the first six months, along with free installation, a free HD DVR and three months of free premium channels, including HBO and Showtime. FTV HD, Logo and MavTV HD are available in PlatinumHD, an HD add on package available to subscribers for just $10 per month.

For more information about DISH Network, the nation's HD leader, visit Satellite Television - DISH Network - 1.888.825.2557.

Not singling you out, butt (pun intended) all of you people wondering if you get LOGO HD, do you even know what it is?? If you did, I bet most of you wouldn't care if you got it or not.

You're right ... don't know what it is - never heard of it and probably don't care. :D

All I care about is I got SPEED in HD today!!!!! :neener

Thank you Scott for yet another spot-on rumor, and timely facts the minute the rumor becomes news!

That what makes this site great. You will never find a better news source.

Seriously, thank you!

Nothing here yet on the West coast (Washington State) :confused: Rebooted both receivers, no luck. Tried calling dish but no one knows anything. Hopefully by tonight when I get home it will be up.
Been waiting this long, guess a few more hours will be ok. :cool:

SPEED and FX no longer Red - Thanks to Zack at DISH

Well I tried the automated prompts and got partially through them before the prompts went off topic... :confused: I then got connected to tech support and talked with Zack(ID# CVU). I was polite and we tried the ususal tests including pressing the remote 0 button 3 times to load the guide. We talked about racing and he's a fan so I knew this would work out in the end. Well the loading didn't fix the problem so he did a rehit as other have had done its all it good! Including BET-HD:D

Zack even stated he would check his own setup to see if he might need a hit! :up

Nothing here yet on the West coast (Washington State) :confused: Rebooted both receivers, no luck. Tried calling dish but no one knows anything. Hopefully by tonight when I get home it will be up.
Been waiting this long, guess a few more hours will be ok. :cool:

You need an authorization rehit like many of us did. Follow the automated prompts to "get a channel you should have" for automated rehit or go to Tech Support to get a CSR to send a rehit to your receiver(s). Enjoy when you get the channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)