Rumor NO MORE!, SpeedHD, FX HD & More THIS WEEK! (NOW LIVE)

You need an authorization rehit like many of us did. Follow the automated prompts to "get a channel you should have" for automated rehit or go to Tech Support to get a CSR to send a rehit to your receiver(s). Enjoy when you get the channels.

thanks for the info..........will try it when I get home tonight. :)

Well looks like this Absolute sub is going to have to go back to another package. I could care less about Logo, Mav and Fashion..but I do really want FX and wouldn't mind having Speed. Now its time to look into how much more a month this is going to cost me..Thanks Chuckie, you Liar! :mad:

dvr advantage w/at250 + hd + plat.... never got BET HD - and FX and Speed weren't coming today.... of course, CSRs knew nothing about FX / Speed / LOGO etc.... knowing this, I was able to use BET HD as my reason for needing a re-hit. Only took 12 minutes on the phone and voila! All new channels are working! :)

How are we getting screwed? We were without SPEED but now I feel like I just got kissed and am having a cigarette. :D
TurboHD subs are still without all the following HD channels: Fox News, Fox Business, VH1, Nickelodeon, FX, and Speed.

Charlie explicitly said the large ($10) price increase to the TurboHD packages would be worth it for all the HD coming. Meanwhile, analogous Classic+HD packages that only saw $3-5 price increases are getting more new HD channels than the TurboHD packages. To add insult to injury, AbsoluteHD subs that saw no price increase are getting more new HD channels that TurboHD subs. So yes, TurboHD subs are getting screwed!!!

I feel like I just got punched in the face...again...and again. :mad: Thanks Charlie....

TurboHD subs are still without all the following HD channels: Fox News, Fox Business, VH1, Nickelodeon, FX, and Speed.

Charlie explicitly said the large ($10) price increase to the TurboHD packages would be worth it for all the HD coming. Meanwhile, Classic+HD packages that only saw $3-5 prices increases are getting MORE new HD channels than the TurboHD packages. To add insult to injury, AbsoluteHD subs that saw no price increase are getting more new HD channels that TurboHD subs. So yes, TurboHD subs are getting screwed!!!

While technically you are correct, and Absolute subs are getting more, we also are not getting the meat and potato channels, just the fluff channels that very few care about, and are not worth an extra $10 a month.

I chuckle about this a bit. (Only a bit, tho'!) For once perhaps I made the right set of decisions, or more likely it was just dumb luck coupled with a good bit of procrastination. I have yet to verify that I have the 5 new HD channels that are the topic of this thread, but I now have Classic Silver w/ SilverHD and PlatinumHD so I think I will be pleasantly surprised when I get home this evening. I was fully expecting to "upgrade" to one of the TurboHD packages when they first became available for existing subs. in Feb. but being a SatGuys member paid off for me! Reading threads like these caused me to really look into what I would lose, and NFLHD and my RSN HD (??) were the first to become apparent. I decided to wait until at least the Stanley Cup playoffs are over for my Penguins (getting too close to that!) before I changed anything, and then along the way all these other issues started popping up. So I'm glad I did not switch.

And then I got "only" a $3 increase this year...and I'm getting more HD channels to boot!

Now if I can only resolve the LoS issue that's preventing me from getting my recently-launched HD LiLs, I'll be really happy...!

(No intent here to gloat or rub it in. Like I said, probably just dumb luck choices that for once paid-off...!)

Now if I can only resolve the LoS issue that's preventing me from getting my recently-launched HD LiLs, I'll be really happy...!

Have you had Dish come out to look for another place on your roof? I was in same position, having had a lazy installer put on another Dish for 61.5 instead of looking for a better place for the 1000.**, which we finally found, just about 15' away.

Originally Posted by bhelms

Have you had Dish come out to look for another place on your roof? I was in same position, having had a lazy installer put on another Dish for 61.5 instead of looking for a better place for the 1000.**, which we finally found, just about 15' away.
Yeah - The tech did a great job, but at only 20 deg. elevation for 129W for my area and trees all around the problem is apparent. He installed a second wing in the best possible location and I had 129W for 1 day only as the leaves were just really coming out. Fortunately I talked him into leaving the 61.5 wing intact and I resorted to that. I'm getting a guy to top-out some of the offenders, hopefully tomorrow, so maybe there's still hope. Else - I wait until Nov. when all the leaves are off again...!

Originally Posted by bhelms

Same problem here! I was reading is a spotbeam problem. That's why we can't get our locals. Maybe Scott can ask for us?

Just talked to a csr and he wouldnt send a rehit because he said he didnt have a reason to and that I will get the channels at 5 PM. So I guess I will have to call back later tonight.

...Same problem here! I was reading is a spotbeam problem. That's why we can't get our locals. Maybe Scott can ask for us?
From my exact location 129W is at 20.5 deg. elevation and 253 deg. magnetic azimuth (bearing). I made a "poor man's inclinometer" with a long level and a hunk of cardboard with a 20 deg. angle cut off and taped to the top edge of the level at one end. I placed a small table on the peak of my roof very close to that new wing dish, leveled it, and set the azimuth to 253 deg. using my trusty Boy Scout compass. I then sighted along the cardboard and -- ughhh!-- was looking directly into the top 10' or so of a line of trees. Try something like this from your location. Get the exact angles from Dishpointer.com. You can use the satellite photos on there to find and input your exact location!

I think you are also in the Johnstown / Altoona DMA, correct? So you could be getting the same 4 new HD LiLs that I was able to lock and watch for 1 day. I don't think there's any spotbeam issue. For most of us in these parts it's a LoS problem given our hilly terrain and the low elevation angle...

Welcome to the forum, BTW...!

(Sorry everyone for having Shanghai'd the thread...!)

I just checked my receivers and SpeedHD and FXHD were red, so initiated a live chat and they re-authorized and everything's golden! Yes, nice, new HD, Rescue Me in HD! It cost Dish $5.99/month. I put off contacting then to drop DHHP, but since I had them, I dropped it.

So Dish finally went and did it -- they put an FTA channel in their highest-priced HD package. I don't know how they're going to top that one, unless maybe with NASA which is not just FTA but also public-domain.

So Dish finally went and did it -- they put an FTA channel in their highest-priced HD package. I don't know how they're going to top that one, unless maybe with NASA which is not just FTA but also public-domain.

Alright, I give up. Which channel is FTA?

Got Mine!

First Post, but been reading for years. I had the same problem, no new channels! Called Customer Service, told I wasn't getting VH1 HD, which I wasn't, she said she'd reauthorize the receiver. I now not only have Speed HD but my VH1 & MTV HD as well. Thanks for the info. Oh I would say what my package is, but I can't get logged in online to list it, but it should be everything according to the CSR. Oh you should also have them price match Direct as well, cut my bill by $50 a month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)