Rumor NO MORE!, SpeedHD, FX HD & More THIS WEEK! (NOW LIVE)

Hehe...FTA=Free To Air

Reminds me of a friend of mine's wife was always asking where the town, "Crossover" was. She kept seeing the "crossover" signs on the the 4-lane with an arrow indicatiing where you can cross over to the opposing lanes. Good stuff.

Good story. I actually knew what FTA meant, I was asking which of the new channels added to the Platinum tier was a free to air channel. I was answered above. I guess the fashion channel is free to air.

Good story. I actually knew what FTA meant, I was asking which of the new channels added to the Platinum tier was a free to air channel. I was answered above. I guess the fashion channel is free to air.

Talk about eating crow! I was mocking the 2 of you (albeit all in good fun), and it turns out I was the one who was misunderstanding the question. I guess I'll just shut up now. :p

So Dish finally went and did it -- they put an FTA channel in their highest-priced HD package. I don't know how they're going to top that one, unless maybe with NASA which is not just FTA but also public-domain.

There has got to be a few people out there who talk about something they know about... but evidently not.

I just checked and the programming on Fashion TV HD is full HD the whole time (not a surprise since the channel is available in Europe for months and is very recent programming), and the programs are different from the Fashion TV SD FTA channel (So in that respect it is like the old version of FoodTV HD.)

PS Dish Latino Max HD Ultimate has all five channels. Speed HD has NASCAR in full HD. Mav TV HD has zoomed SD in 16x9. FX HD and Logo HD have so far been all SD, but both are not stretched.

PPS Fashion TV HD originates as 25 fps, so I wonder what E* is doing to adjust it to 30 fps... some of the motion has a judder effect...

What's up with "dish marketing", why not return Absolute HD for $39.99.....eventually most channels will go HD.

I am getting Style on channel 115 in SD?

What's up with "dish marketing", why not return Absolute HD for $39.99.....eventually most channels will go HD.
Which means that eventually the HD packs will rise to be the same price as the "Classic + HD" packages -- not that the prices will go down. It takes more bandwidth to transmit HD.... The HD packages were just cheaper because they contained fewer channels than the "Classic" packs, and that gap in channels gets a little smaller every few weeks.

I am getting Style on channel 115 in SD?
It's a free preview this month. Check out channel 102.

So Dish finally went and did it -- they put an FTA channel in their highest-priced HD package. I don't know how they're going to top that one, unless maybe with NASA which is not just FTA but also public-domain.

Yes, but at least FTV HD is HD unlike BET-J. MAVHD appears to be 24/7 HD as well!

Oh yeah! :up

Logo appears to be a waste of time like BET-J so far.

There has got to be a few people out there who talk about something they know about... but evidently not.

I just checked and the programming on Fashion TV HD is full HD the whole time (not a surprise since the channel is available in Europe for months and is very recent programming), and the programs are different from the Fashion TV SD FTA channel (So in that respect it is like the old version of FoodTV HD.)

Huh? Where the hell did you get the idea that I was accusing FTV HD of being SD?

According to reliable sources, FTV HD is also available FTA. So it's pretty ironic that Dish put it in their highest-priced package. Doesn't anyone else think so?

So, I called a little while ago to see if I could get them to rehit my receiver, as I was not seeing Speed or FX yet. The lady I spoke with didn't understand my request and asked what I was seeing on the HD versions of the channels above. After convincing her that I couldn't see them yet, she went off for about 5 minutes and came back and told me I couldn't get those channels in HD. When I asked why, she said it was because I had America's Top 250 with HD Gold, and that I would have to downgrade to HD Silver to get them. After I told her that HD Gold includes everything in HD Silver plus some more, she seemed really confused, so that was the end of that conversation. Hopefully mine will get updated tonight, we shall see.

Remote IR code for 522 Receiver?

stumped: can't hit 110

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts