Status
Please reply by conversation.

JacksBack

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2010
North America
Hi...

It's been great having 4DTV back, except that the basic Discovery Channel is missing.

I've heard rumors that Discovery, Animal Planet and TLC will be returning to the W5 slate some time real soon now.

Does anyone know more about this?

Thanks.

::JACK

How much you wannabe bet instead of addng we end up losing the other channels lol.

From what I heard SRL is working on making some kind of arrangements. We don't know if the masters will become part of HITS 4160 universe so they can authorize them or they will be rebroadcast on W5. It will cost money to do either since Motorola needs to be greased, so keep supporting HITS2Home to keep the per subscriber costs down.

OK, now you can count 6. I haven't seen any info on the subscribers but hope its looking promising to keep supplying us. Hopefully they can add the required discovery to keep what we have. For what I want, this is still the most practical way to subscribe. The pricing keeps getting closer to the other choices however.

I must admit I do enjoy having a WebSAMS account to easily control the programming subscriptions. Unfortunately, I had to reduce my channel package from the Digital Basic to the MTV Pack in order to save some money, but at the same time remain a subscriber to support the service and to keep my account active so that I can be counted.

OK, now you can count 6. I haven't seen any info on the subscribers but hope its looking promising to keep supplying us. Hopefully they can add the required discovery to keep what we have. For what I want, this is still the most practical way to subscribe. The pricing keeps getting closer to the other choices however.

We should perform a poll to see just how many of us Satellite Guys on this forum subscribe to HITS and what package or channels we subscribe to. This would give us a better idea of just how many of us exist.

I have everything but the starz channels. I hope srl can put back some of the regular channels back.I wish it was like it was years back when big dish had all the channels out there.

I only have the Starz Pak. The one thing I miss about NPS is they sold TCM ala carte for about $50 per year.

Seems to me that if the numbers weren't high enough to convert and if there weren't enough voices, Discovery would not have extended their "mini pack" to us on 4DDSR-410's. Like many have said on this forum, the "new" system is in its infancy. And, it began in a time that for much of the country..... working on large dishes outside is much less than desirable. Spring may bring new subs to the system, too.

From what I heard H2H has picked up quite a few subscribers that converted and were part of NPS before. It would be interesting to know the numbers but it ain't as low as naysayers will preach. There will always be ones out there trying to put down C band, don't know why without it nothing else exists.

I had Comcast pushing their Xfinity at my door today. I sent the guy away with his tail between his legs after what I told him I was paying for 4DTV (which of course he had no clue what it was) costs. Even on it's worse day HITS2Home is nowhere near what cable or pizza costs when the teaser is over and they all want to lock you into that contract. What seems like a great deal in the beginning comes back to haunt you when that teaser runs out. I'm nearing that point with DirecTV and there is no way I want to pay the non teaser price for 95% of the channels I don't watch in that big package anyway, and can pick up the ones I will watch on H2H for a lot less money with no rain fade and better picture quality.

Right now I have the MTV mini pack & guide to be counted. Will change this summer when I downgrade Direct and see what is offered then. I should suspend Direct for 6 months in the summer with it's rain fade and go all c band again. Stupid Direct's contract I'm sorry I did that. :(

Last edited:
I got the Super Pak last month and I plan on sticking with it. My daughter stopped by last night and I gave her the remote she quickly noticed their were channels she didn't have at her house. Don't know which pizza service they use. She got into the cooking channel,all it did was make me hungry lol. I refuse to use any service that locks me into a contract though. Even my cell phone doesn't have one. I'm waiting on the day when consumers in the good ole USA revolt against high prices and contracts for tv/phone etc...Blind

tvropro said:
From what I heard SRL is working on making some kind of arrangements. We don't know if the masters will become part of HITS 4160 universe so they can authorize them or they will be rebroadcast on W5. It will cost money to do either since Motorola needs to be greased, so keep supporting HITS2Home to keep the per subscriber costs down.

I was wondering how this would work, whether he'd have to be on W5 or whether they could remain where they are and be auth'd by Hits.

Leaving them where they are would mean 410 owners would need a separate positioner or multidish setup I presume? 4d'rs would be ok.

I understand they have to be made available and I know it would bring in more subs.

I have 2 subs atm, Basic and Everything.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)