Running out of possible dish install locations

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

aureul

Original poster
Aug 5, 2008
So here is the problem so far:

I moved into an apartment complex, and asked what rules I needed to follow in regards to installing Direct, and they stated that as long as I didn't drill any holes into the actual building, I would be ok. So I set up the appointment, the installer puts it on the balcony affixed to the rails and deck, zip tied, and perfect.

I get a letter last week saying that my dish is not meeting the rules, so I call, and the problem they have is that the dish extends past the rail line, and they suggest putting the dish on a tripod. But I can't do anything about it, because this "balcony" is basically about a 10' by 2-2.5' overlook instead of an actual patio or balcony, and the angle that the slimline dish need to be orientated at will extend past the rail no matter what position I put it in. Directly below is the garage for our apartment, so it is not overhanging another unit.

What relief can I suggest to the manager in order to satisfy their demands possibly? Any ideas? Because installing the dish at ground level would be on common ground also, as I have been reading up on OTARD.

Hmmm, maybe you could Pay to have the "balcony" extended enough so that the dish could be installed. :)

Another chance might be to try to get the apartment complex to grant a waiver for installing past the balcony. Especially, since the garage is just below.

And, of course you could move again.

Update

I am sure that the managing company wouldn't look to kindly on "improving" the balcony either. :p Moving would be something I would consider, but my lease date is about 9 months in the future.

I just got an email back from the property manager I have been talking with, and she said that she is going to take a look again today to see if it may be suitable where it is at. To be fair, she has been willing to promptly look into the issue and explain to me what is going on at each step. I will hope for a favorable judgement this afternoon.

Maybe my talk about me saying that it would definitely be safer as is instead of a tripod or bucket due to the weight of the slimline could help.

The apartment complex could do the MDU setup where 1 dish can feed the whole building or the entire property. That way, the whole apartment complex will be able to get DirecTV by just pluging a receiver to the wall plate. Which city and state is the apartment?

I am in Atlanta. But hopefully that will be a moot point, since the prop manager called me yesterday and after personally inspecting the install, she said that it is fine where it is and that there should be no problems. I am thankful for her using common sense.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts