Russia Today TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Speaking of propaganda, One America News is available on Directv, channel 347, in HD. So you can drop your KlowdTV, whatever that is. If this is where you argue that it's "4K" I remind you that OAN isn't really 4K, regardless of what your TV info is telling you.
And despite some people, I don't want the other side off the air. I support freedom of speech.

15:9? New to me.

I'll have to check for Car 54 on Hulu. I'll bet it's still SD. Plenty of oldies will never be uprezzed.

15:9? New to me.

I'll have to check for Car 54 on Hulu. I'll bet it's still SD. Plenty of oldies will never be uprezzed.
Yeah ... MeTV seems to have started it awhile ago by zooming in on the native 4:3 film format of a lot of their classic programs.

But decided not to zoom it entirely to 16:9 widescreen, and pulled up short at what looks like a European type format of 15:9 leaving thin matte pillar-bars along the sides as filler.

European type? Because of their slightly different SD format? Their native HD is 16:9, right?

But even Andy Griffith has been remastered in HD and shown on TV Land and the Sundance Ch.

Also the Sundance Ch. has AG in the new 15:9 aspect ratio now used by MeTV for most of their classic programming.

Wasn't AG shot on tape. Could that even be remastered in HD without a huge expense. It might have been digitally scanned but I doubt it was mastered for HD.

Wasn't AG shot on tape. Could that even be remastered in HD without a huge expense. It might have been digitally scanned but I doubt it was mastered for HD.
No, film ....

Transferred to tape for TV broadcast through the telecine process of course.

That's why if you can locate the original film prints of a classic show and they're in good shape you can produce very good quality HD or even 4K remasters of them.

Since film grain will always be far superior to any TV broadcast format.

Even 4K ...

No, film ....

Transferred to tape for TV broadcast through the telecine process of course.

That's why if you can locate the original film prints of a classic show and they're in good shape you can produce very good quality HD or even 4K remasters of them.

Since film grain will always be far superior to any TV broadcast format.

Even 4K ...

I know you can remaster film to HD. I just didn't know AG was originally shot on film. Always assumed those older shows were all done on tape.

I know you can remaster film to HD. I just didn't know AG was originally shot on film. Always assumed those older shows were all done on tape.
Oh no, if it were originally done on video tape it would look even beyond awful by today ...

Heck, even video tape shows from the 80's looks bad to me on an HD set.

Reactions: madmadworld
Glad to see the addition of the new HD channels, especially AHC. I personally would much rather see Sky News any day over RT. Yes, I know Sky streams on YouTube, but I'd rather not be dependent on the internet for my TV viewing.

I couldn't care less about that Russia Today propaganda, but I do know you can watch a few RT channels on KlowdTV. I have it for One America News Network and it's about $7.99 a month.
I do because mainstream media typically tells one side of the story; it would be interesting to see how Russia perceives our current events.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)