RV and Wally Receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jay3860

Original poster
Jul 31, 2008
Mid Missouri
I have a Hopper 3 with 5 Joey 2.0's at home and I have an RV that I use during the summer with a 1000.4 (I think) Dish mounted on a pole that I use with 2 owned 211 receivers. Can I mix and match the Wally's and the 211's or do they all have to be the same? Does the Wally require a specific LNB? Does anyone know the cheapest place to purchase Wally's? Thanks

I hate Wallys, at least installing them. They don't like to give them out, unless it's a new connect new customer. You could call Dish and ask them for a Wally to replace your 211s. No special lnb other than a triple lnb depending arc non hybrid.
1.2 1.4 doesn't matter.

I hate Wallys, at least installing them. They don't like to give them out, unless it's a new connect new customer. You could call Dish and ask them for a Wally to replace your 211s. No special lnb other than a triple lnb depending arc non hybrid.
1.2 1.4 doesn't matter.

Care to share why you "hate Wallys" please?

I dislike the 52 remote , and installing them. They never activate properly for me at least . Every one in my shop has the same issue.
They are Hopper 3 with 1 tuner no DVR features, and that worthless remote! Lol

I dislike the 52 remote , and installing them. They never activate properly for me at least . Every one in my shop has the same issue.
They are Hopper 3 with 1 tuner no DVR features, and that worthless remote! Lol
Can you add external hard drive like the 211s?

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Yes you can Bobby.
Wally has Hopper 3 UI , Remote, and wifi capabilities via Ethernet etc, Netflix .
Wally is a great receiver. Just a pain in my ass to activate after a fresh install .
211K/Z regular standalone HD receiver . 20 series remote ..

Can you add external hard drive like the 211s?

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
Yes, I have a wally and use EHD for DVR. Did NOT have to pay a new $40 activation fee from my 211 exhcnage.
Were you able to move the 211 EHD over to the Wally and keep its recordings?
No, it immediately wanted to reformat the drive and all recordings were lost. I was kinda expecting that so I was prepared. I have 2 Wallys and the same thing happened with both as soon as the drive was connected.

As for a review...The interface is much more modern but my 211 was 10 years old so that's to be expected. It seems much faster in changing channels, searching, etc. Its smaller which is nice and seems to generate less heat. Netflix is not active yet, says feature coming soon but to me that's not an issue. The issues I've noticed are two things.

1. When watching off DVR sometimes the skip forward or skip back will go way more than 30 seconds or back more than 10 seconds. I've skipped back 10 seconds and had it return to the beginning of the program 40 minutes in. I've been using fast forward and rewind to avoid this happening.

2. I cant pause OTA channels. It pauses the video and pixilate it but audio keeps going and when I unpause it becomes very pixilated and audio video does not match. Oddly, this does not happen if I am recording to DVR on OTA channel I can then pause while its recording.

No, it immediately wanted to reformat the drive and all recordings were lost. I was kinda expecting that so I was prepared. I have 2 Wallys and the same thing happened with both as soon as the drive was connected.

Thank for your reply. I figured that would be the case and I'm glad you took the time to answer the question.

Yes, I have a wally and use EHD for DVR. Did NOT have to pay a new $40 activation fee from my 211 exhcnage.

As for a review...The interface is much more modern but my 211 was 10 years old so that's to be expected. It seems much faster in changing channels, searching, etc. Its smaller which is nice and seems to generate less heat. Netflix is not active yet, says feature coming soon but to me that's not an issue. The issues I've noticed are two things.

1. When watching off DVR sometimes the skip forward or skip back will go way more than 30 seconds or back more than 10 seconds. I've skipped back 10 seconds and had it return to the beginning of the program 40 minutes in. I've been using fast forward and rewind to avoid this happening.

2. I cant pause OTA channels. It pauses the video and pixilate it but audio keeps going and when I unpause it becomes very pixilated and audio video does not match. Oddly, this does not happen if I am recording to DVR on OTA channel I can then pause while its recording.

Thanks for the review.

Can you add a wally to a account with vip receivers or is that still not allowed? Was looking to get a receiver for rv use as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)