RV Dish and Smart Phone

Jimnade

Original poster
Apr 21, 2016
La Grange, California
Within our wooded RV site in an Oregon State Park we have lined up our VIP 211Z with the 1000.2 HD Dish. Because of all the trees, we are unable to get high signal levels on all three sats [110,119 & 129]. All programs on 119 are great...those on 110 suffer. The audio occasionally breaks while the video stutters from a weak signal, breaking up and then returning. No matter how much tweeking we do with the dish, it is never perfect.

However, we noticed when my wife enables "hot spot" on her Samsung Galaxy Smartphone, for our laptops and tablets, all programs on the TV are great...everything, 110 & 119. Finally, we realized our Samsung Smart TV was connecting to the phone's wifi. Does anyone have any idea on why this helped? Had we not had a good 4G cell signal, this fix would not have been possible. I guess! Anyway, we are just so curious as to why????

Within our wooded RV site in an Oregon State Park we have lined up our VIP 211Z with the 1000.2 HD Dish. Because of all the trees, we are unable to get high signal levels on all three sats [110,119 & 129]. All programs on 119 are great...those on 110 suffer. The audio occasionally breaks while the video stutters from a weak signal, breaking up and then returning. No matter how much tweeking we do with the dish, it is never perfect.

However, we noticed when my wife enables "hot spot" on her Samsung Galaxy Smartphone, for our laptops and tablets, all programs on the TV are great...everything, 110 & 119. Finally, we realized our Samsung Smart TV was connecting to the phone's wifi. Does anyone have any idea on why this helped? Had we not had a good 4G cell signal, this fix would not have been possible. I guess! Anyway, we are just so curious as to why????
The wind quit blowing

Wi-Fi will not affect satellite reception at all unless of course you choose to watch the program off a streaming service rather than satellite.

Keep in mind that streaming video will use quite a bit of bandwidth from your cell phone's data service which could cost lots of money.

Wi-Fi will not affect satellite reception at all unless of course you choose to watch the program off a streaming service rather than satellite.

Keep in mind that streaming video will use quite a bit of bandwidth from your cell phone's data service which could cost lots of money.
Yeah....I know it shouldn't, but things are sooooo weird. Just for an example, we get up this morning and I turn on the TV. Since the receiver has gone to sleep, I press select. We are now watching NBC's Today show. The program suffers from noise flashes and audio blurps. Most distracting. Changing to CNN...all is good. Changing back to a program off of the 110...it suffers! HOWEVER...as soon as my wife enables "hot spot" on her phone "EVERYTHING" is perfect, and will remain that way until she turns off hot spot. So strange. I just don't understand. Anyway, thanks for your input. Jim

did they add national geographic channel to smart pack seems like it.

Smart DVR fee for only $10.00 mth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)