RV setup question (newbie)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ketchjb

Original poster
Feb 1, 2005
I just upgraded to HD Tivo and had my second non-HD Tivo relocated to the bedroom. Now, I'd like to do the following: I kept the 2 LNB round dish that I had before and I thought that I had kept the original non Tivo receiver but can only find the card. What I would like to do is use the old dish for my RV. I was planning on using the old receiver but looks like I'll have to buy one on eBay. I think it would be better to use a basic receiver in the RV (maybe the bumps would not be good for a hard drive? confirmation?). So which type of receiver will work with my 2 LNB dish? I had a Panasonic TZ-DBS01 before but that was with a 1 LNB dish. I don't really care about local channels on the road. Can I tell D* that I'm setting this up in my kitchen and get the $4.95/mo mirror rate? Then move it to the RV and hit the road? (no phone hookup after the initial setup) What models of receiver will work for me? They are almost giving the older ones away on eBay - is there a particular setup that is best for this?

I'd get the D10 that is available for $25 or less at various places (Valueelectronics.com comes to mind). Its going to work in any setup.

You can tell DirecTV you're setting it up in an RV and still pay the $4.99 mirror fee. As a matter of fact, if you fax them your RV registration information they can activate your locals PLUS the distant network services from NY/LA.

if you are using it you your bedroom just take it and hook it up and us your round dish it will not be in there for long period of time so it should be ok . I have customer that do it all the time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)