rvu samsung better than mini client c41?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ninjadave

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 5, 2013
Johnstown PA
Curious if anyone has experience with both. I'm getting dtv soon and will have rvu Samsung TV should I just use that or get the client? Would it be faster? Also without client can I see recorded shows on genie? If not its a no brainer to get client however then what use is the rvu built in? Everything is going to genie...thanks

The Samsung TV with RVU is a client for the Genie, just like the C41. If you are a new customer getting the C41 free than that's a better choice IMHO. But if you are an existing customer and have a Genie already, and don't qualify for an upgrade, and have an RVU TV, then that's the better choice because you don't have to lease another receiver.

The monthly fee is the same I think. The difference is that if you aren't a new customer they will charge you an up front fee to add a client. If you have it built into your TV you don't pay the up front fee just the monthly fee. As for quality between the too, I have never used either. I would probably take the box if it is free though.

The monthly fee is the same I think. The difference is that if you aren't a new customer they will charge you an up front fee to add a client. If you have it built into your TV you don't pay the up front fee just the monthly fee. As for quality between the too, I have never used either. I would probably take the box if it is free though.

Yes, that was my point. The monthly charge for each is the same. but if you don't get a deal from DirecTV, an additional C41 client is up to $99. So if you have an RVU TV, you don't have to pay the upfront fee. But if you can get a C41 free, that's the better option IMHO.

Thanks I'll be new customer so I can get it free- anyone know anything about speed and the dvr recordings viewable on the Samsung?

The Samsung will view DVR recordings just the same as any other client. It's typically slower than the C41.

Never used the c41 but I have a Samsung RVU running off my genie and it works perfect... Only possible complaint someone could have is it takes about 30secs for picture to show once you turn on the tv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Never used the c41 but I have a Samsung RVU running off my genie and it works perfect... Only possible complaint someone could have is it takes about 30secs for picture to show once you turn on the tv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Thats normal, its the tv syncing to the server, it would be the same as turning the client on and off, while leaving the tv on. It just takes time for the software to load up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts