Ryan Leaf - at least SOMEBODY wants him

mdonnelly

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 26, 2004
Mustang, OK
" Former Chargers quarterback Ryan Leaf is wanted by the law in Texas after failing to turn himself in on drug and burglary charges.

A warrant for his arrest was issued May 20. That was the day a grand jury in Randall County, Texas, issued nine indictments against him involving his use of prescription painkiller medication. ..."

Leaf now 'a wanted individual' in Texas

Heard about this story a few months back when it was first starting. Saw a piece on him a few years ago and it seemed he had found somne piece with the coaching and stuf, its too bad it has gone this way

They should turn the investigation over tp the Kansas City Chiefs. They always seemed to be able to find him, and bring him down. :D

Sad situation. I wonder if the burden of being known and mocked "as the biggest bust in sports" played a factor in breaking the man that ultimately led him to drugs and crime? A man can only take so much you know. :(

Thanks! Bumping....
clear.gif

Dude, you have 3 posts, all "bumping". Do you have any thoughts to contribute?

Sad situation. I wonder if the burden of being known and mocked "as the biggest bust in sports" played a factor in breaking the man that ultimately led him to drugs and crime? A man can only take so much you know. :(
I guess you need to walk in a man's shoes to really understand him. But I think that most people with his talent and his opportunities would have made better use of them. He was a head case from the day he reported to training camp.

Leaf Posts 45K Bail........

DALLAS -- Former NFL quarterback Ryan Leaf posted a $45,000 bond Wednesday in Washington state for drug and burglary charges out of Texas after being arrested by customs agents as he returned to the United States from Canada.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4267538"]Ryan Leaf arrested at Canadian border returning to United States - ESPN[/ame]

LEAF_t350.jpg

I can't help it, but I feel the same way Salsa. What a waste. I hate to see this happen to anyone. Hope he can straighten himself out before it's too late. :no
I agree but for some people this is a hard habit to break and it seems that way in his case too.