S 238?

It looks like that oddity is taken care of. It's still odd though. When I selected "Resume", it told me:

100% watched
Master bedroom 6min
Living room 2s

I selected the living room resume and it finished. When I chose "Resume", now it changed to:

80% watched
Master bedroom 6min

Is that how it's always behaved? I thought once any location hits 100% watched, those choices went away.

That's the first thing I checked. I don't know if I'd works on family room as with the hopper we don't use that TV in the winter so we don't heat room above 60 unless needed.

edit=just rebooted it again for 3 rd time as I always reboot all systems after updates and now it works.
Quit working again. Will unplug the time instead of the red button.

I have had it for about a week or so and I have not noticed it to be any faster. It's actually slower than my 922 was. Quite often there is almost a 5 second delay when pressing a remote button.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

It looks like that oddity is taken care of. It's still odd though. When I selected "Resume", it told me:

100% watched
Master bedroom 6min
Living room 2s

I selected the living room resume and it finished. When I chose "Resume", now it changed to:

80% watched
Master bedroom 6min

Is that how it's always behaved? I thought once any location hits 100% watched, those choices went away.

I would have thought that it would just go away, since there are no choices to make in regards to "resuming" anymore. I'll have to see how it acts on my setup next chance I get.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Now I'm thinking the resume is popping up when you're viewing from the "other" location. The whole "finish watching from a different room" kicks in. I was in the living room and I still got the prompt to finish watching something un-finished from the bedroom. I resumed other programs that weren't at 100% and didn't get the prompt. I'm presuming it was originally watched in the living room as well.

Now I'm thinking the resume is popping up when you're viewing from the "other" location. The whole "finish watching from a different room" kicks in. I was in the living room and I still got the prompt to finish watching something un-finished from the bedroom. I resumed other programs that weren't at 100% and didn't get the prompt. I'm presuming it was originally watched in the living room as well.

Oh, duh. Makes sense.

I have had it for about a week or so and I have not noticed it to be any faster. It's actually slower than my 922 was. Quite often there is almost a 5 second delay when pressing a remote button.

I have never noticed that with either of my hoppers. The 30 sec skip button is slower than I would like but not 5 seconds, maybe a sec or 2 at most. Has anyone else reported this if so I seem to have missed it.

It's not all the time, but enough to really irritate me. This sw has not pleased me at all. I was hoping it would correct an autohop issue I have been having, but it did not.

In addition, since the new sw I have been having a lot of audio out of sync issues. Starts small and gets worse then comes back together. This is noticed on recorded events, I have not noticed it during live tv yet. There is nothing that ruins a show or movie like a bad sync issue.

I also have had issues with losing the graphics of a lot of my recordings constantly. A reset brings them back, but truly annoying.

I am so irritated that I may just pay for the hws upgrade and be done with it, but my frugal side says "why pay more when this should just work properly?"

I've been having a strange problem that started with the SW update before the 238. When watching a program live that I had on hold for a couple of minutes, if I FF to get back to the "live" point, I lose all audio. Now if I skip backward, just a little bit, I have sound again, but as soon as the program catches up to that "live" point, the audio quits. Most of the times I have to change channels and then change back to the program I ws watching, which will now be "live" again. (I hope that makes sense.) Anyway, it's very, very fustrating. And yes, it still happens with the 238 sw. It happen to me just a day ago.
Anybody else ever had this problem?
Ghpr13:(

I've been having a strange problem that started with the SW update before the 238. When watching a program live that I had on hold for a couple of minutes, if I FF to get back to the "live" point, I lose all audio. Now if I skip backward, just a little bit, I have sound again, but as soon as the program catches up to that "live" point, the audio quits. Most of the times I have to change channels and then change back to the program I ws watching, which will now be "live" again. (I hope that makes sense.) Anyway, it's very, very fustrating. And yes, it still happens with the 238 sw. It happen to me just a day ago.

I haven't seen that problem but I always use the "view live tv" button to get back to live tv. It works ok that way on my boxes.

Of all the issues I have, I am not noticing this. I rarely pause live tv though.

The reliability of skip forward has not improved with this sw either. It still will occasionally skip about 15 minutes forward instead of 30 seconds.

I see to be having just as many problems with trying to delete a show while other recordings are going on, it almost seems worse at times. I may just watch them at night, then delete them the next day when recordings are not happened, just to ease my frustration.

New one for me.

This is about 10 mins into the show, but the status bar stayed all the way to the right from the get go.

IMG_20130310_173214_433_zpsbc295f04.jpg

My hopper is taking about 4-5 seconds to tune to an OTA station. It seems like a loooong time now compared to previous performance. Sat tuning is taking anywhere from 3-5 seconds. Yes, I just timed them. :)

Ok, I think I've come across a slight bug.

When watching a recorded program, the first skip forward seems to always skip ahead 10 minutes (don't know the exact time) into the program. I can rewind back and skip forward seems to work from that point on. Not a big deal, but kind of a pain. I haven't done a red button reboot yet. May try that and see if it clears up.

Another glitch, which was happening prior to s238 was sometimes when we finish watching a recorded program it doesn't delete on the first try, it gets hung on the paused end of the recording. We can go back and delete again, and it works the second time. I don't know if this has been discussed before, I may do a quick search and see.

Ok, I think I've come across a slight bug.

When watching a recorded program, the first skip forward seems to always skip ahead 10 minutes (don't know the exact time) into the program. I can rewind back and skip forward seems to work from that point on. Not a big deal, but kind of a pain. I haven't done a red button reboot yet. May try that and see if it clears up.

Another glitch, which was happening prior to s238 was sometimes when we finish watching a recorded program it doesn't delete on the first try, it gets hung on the paused end of the recording. We can go back and delete again, and it works the second time. I don't know if this has been discussed before, I may do a quick search and see.

The skip glitch has been around for a while. I had hoped that 238 would fix it, but it happened to me again over the weekend.

Not sure if related, but since the update, when resuming paused or skipping back on live tv, mine keeps randomly skipping back to live on its own. For instance, I'll be watching live then hit skip back once or twice. It will play from that spot for a brief time (maybe 10-20 seconds), then automatically skip itself back to live. I'll skip back a few times again, watch for a short time, then it will skip back to live again on its own. I used to have this happen occasionally before the update, but its happening rather frequently since 238. Happening at both the Hopper and when watching on a Joey.

I have noticed the longer time needed to tune to an OTA channel. The first time it happend, I thought, "Oh no, not again". But then the channel popped in. I guess that is better than having to do a complete reset, but it still needs to be worked on.
Also noticed that it no longer stays on my favorites list and I have to put it back every single day. Why do they insist on messing with this?

I see to be having just as many problems with trying to delete a show while other recordings are going on, it almost seems worse at times. I may just watch them at night, then delete them the next day when recordings are not happened, just to ease my frustration.
I have that same issue when all three tuners are recording, and I attempt to delete an event after stopping. The stopped event just stays on the screen, and nothing happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)