s10 4:2:2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

xtgold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 17, 2008
nutmeg state
recorded some sport 4:2:2 wildfeed and I turned the tv off and came back to it later.
Screen said no signal so I assumed the event was over.
I played the .ts on the pc and noticed the recording ended a lot sooner than expected kind of abruptly,
so I don't know if the s10 burped and lost signal or what the story was.
It was fun watching what I did record.
The time/date on the recording was way off,like my previous 4:2:2 recording attempts.

Its great that PVR receivers can record 4:2:2, even if they can't display it. Many hardware media players, such as the WDTV Live, will play back 4:2:2 TS files.

As far as the date and time stamp, that is set by the transponder you are tuned to. Most of them are very inaccurate, which is why I look forward to the fixed TP time sync that will be available on SatelliteAV's new HD receiver.

I recorded another 4:2:2 and it had the correct time/date stamp.
Interesting. So I don't have to scan 350 channels, find one that has 4.2.2, delete all the rest, could you give me some info where I could find one and "play" with this way of recording and viewing? I have VLC on the laptop.

RT.

they come and go,since they are sports feeds.Like ice said;the picture will be all messed up but the audio good.(on the receiver)

If you have a motorized system, you can almost always find 4:2:2 on 107.3w Ku. Just scan it, there will be multiple Canadian newsfeeds.

they come and go,since they are sports feeds.Like ice said;the picture will be all messed up but the audio good.(on the receiver)
Ooooops. Your OP stated sports wildfeeds. Yes, can be anywhere, anytime.

If you have a motorized system, you can almost always find 4:2:2 on 107.3w Ku. Just scan it, there will be multiple Canadian newsfeeds.
Yes, I can tell the cat to move the BUD over there and check that out. Thanks for info.

In most cases you don't even know what you are recording until you watch on pc.
It was womens downhill skiing on the last recording.

why is it when I record 4:2:2 on my hard drive and take it to my computer, the program is broken up into several files with about 3 minutes of programming on each file. This does not happen on non 4:2:2 recordings. Any why to record and make it all on (1) file for easy playback of 4:2:2? Openbox S-10 recording TS only, PS causes me problems. Thanks

all my recordings are 1gig ea.
I never had one that was only 3 minutes tho.
I just thought it was the nature of the beast.
I am using old firmware,if that makes a difference.(9-2-2011)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)