S109 is out

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I just wrote to 2 EHDs simultaneously.

The Dish Google TV page no longer mentions any specific recorder being required to purchase a Revue but the Logitech page still says integration with only 622/722/722K.

Update: Dish moved the very fine print to the bottom of the page from under the Purchase ... where it was.

Last edited:
Sorry if this has been covered, does this update make integration with the Logitech/Google box possible, or us there still another update yet to come for that?

I'm having a major issue with this update. My receiver is not recording properly. When i go to the daily schedule and it says no info available for all my upcoming shows and it doesn't have the recording times even close. For instance one of my timers is new episodes of law and order svu. It shows for tomorrow no info available and a recording time from 8:00 pm till 12:35 am. I tried resetting and didn't help.

Edit: never mind I fixed it. I did a check switch test and forced it to redownload guide data. Everything is fine now.

Last edited:
So far the only difference that I've noticed is the archive to ehd being enabled. My major gripes have not been fixed. Still no manual recordings or dish pass. Still no way to get guide data for ota stations. And you still can't remove channels from favorite lists that you no longer subscribe to. Seriously in this amount of time all they could get fixed was the external hard drive. I really think dish needs to find some new software engineers.

Don't get me wrong i think its great they got the ehd fixed. I just expected more i guess.

So far the only difference that I've noticed is the archive to ehd being enabled. My major gripes have not been fixed. Still no manual recordings or dish pass. Still no way to get guide data for ota stations. And you still can't remove channels from favorite lists that you no longer subscribe to. Seriously in this amount of time all they could get fixed was the external hard drive. I really think dish needs to find some new software engineers.

Don't get me wrong i think its great they got the ehd fixed. I just expected more i guess.

Wow. Since they fixed the archive to EHD, I was seriously reconsidering my decision to pass on the 922 that I so dearly wanted in the beginning. But your list of things still not available such as no manual timers (yes, gang, I really do use manual timers, and have one that is absolutely necessary), no DishPass that I use quite a bit, no OTA guide data that I absolutely depend upon has me forgetting about even dreaming about getting a 922, and I almost ordered one, but thanks to your post, you've saved me some major disappointment.

I'm back to waiting for the subsequent 922 product: the one that the 922 should have been and has all the features that the older boxes have and is even more stable. Sorry, Charlie. I really want to, but I just can't with such serious legacy Dish features missing from it.

You can get ota guide data but only if your ota stations are exactly the same as your dish locals. If they are satellite stations (same station but a little different name for a different town) your sol. Then combine the fact that no manual recordings and you can't set any recordings off of ota.

You can get ota guide data but only if your ota stations are exactly the same as your dish locals. If they are satellite stations (same station but a little different name for a different town) your sol. Then combine the fact that no manual recordings and you can't set any recordings off of ota.

Is this a 922 specific issue or a all of dish issue? I ask because I do not know. I get guide data for all of my OTA stations on all of my dish receivers with no problem and I thought that they had added OTA support for almost all markets.

So far the only difference that I've noticed is the archive to ehd being enabled. My major gripes have not been fixed. Still no manual recordings or dish pass.
I thought this was available via the online scheduling site?

Still no way to get guide data for ota stations. And you still can't remove channels from favorite lists that you no longer subscribe to.
I don't understand what you are talking about. I am able to add and take away channels from my personalized favorites list with no problem at all.

Seriously in this amount of time all they could get fixed was the external hard drive. I really think dish needs to find some new software engineers.

See my responses in bold above

Is this a 922 specific issue or a all of dish issue? I ask because I do not know. I get guide data for all of my OTA stations on all of my dish receivers with no problem and I thought that they had added OTA support for almost all markets.

The OTA guide does not work if the same station is not on the Dish line-up and that is on a 722. Birmingham has a unique ABC affiliate situation, it is a product of the Fox affilation jumble in the mid 90's. Anyway to make a long story short, Channel 40 and Channel 33 are full power satellites of a low power ABC affiliate in Birmingham Channel 58. So 33 is for the western half of the market and 40 is for the eastern half. Dish carries WJSU Channel 40 rather than WCFT 33. When I scan for my OTA locals since I am in the western end of the market all I can get is Channel 33. The guide will not populate for Channel 33, because the calls are different WCFT rather than WJSU. So it seems to be that way on all of the Dish receivers, at least with these stations.

Right so this is not a 922 issue. Either way, this can be overcome if dish maps it right. There is an Atlanta station that is like that as well. However they have it mapped correctly and the guide data works fine. Have you let dish know about those specific stations? They went through about a year ago and fixed these issues in many many markets. I'm guessing the ones that you are referring to were just overlooked.

S109 did not fix the missing recording problem. One of mine from last night shows on the My Recordings screen, the Daily Schedule history has it completed by user1 on TV2 with timer and recording stopping and starting at the correct times. It recorded the last few seconds of something on a different channel but then did not switch channels I guess. I select Play and it lasts about 10 seconds and the completed pop up comes up.

Does anyone know who or what department to contact at Dish to let them know that WCFT/WJSU share the same programming, schedlue, etc... ?

lakebum here is what I'm talking about with being unable to add or remove channel from your favorite list. Ok, say you subscribe to HBO and add the channels to a favorite list. Then if you unsubscribe from the channels they will show up as red in your favorite list. However, since you no longer subscribe to them, they won't show up in the menu where you add and remove stations from your favorite list so there's no way to remove them. I've even tried hitting deselect all and it still doesn't work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)