S224 for Hopper and S273 for Joey is out

billspin

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 9, 2012
Colorado
I have the Hopper S224 downloaded 10-12-2012 @ 10:32 PM and Joey S273 downloaded 10-13-2012 3:10 AM
I seem to be having problems with the record series and save series. These used to create a timer as New and Reruns and the save series only saves the one that is selected. It seems to be only doing a save not a save series.

only thing you can do is message DIRT and have them report it to engineering. Nobody else on this site has reported seeing S224 yet. Must be some sort of very limited release.

Neither. I have just been a subscriber for many years.

My analysis is as follows. Either:

1. You are drunk.
2. It was a pre-release update and you got it by mistake.

Wait a few hours, check again, and repost. If you see the same version number then either:

1. You are an alcoholic, seek help.
2. It was a pre-release update, and you got it by mistake.

If in a few hours it is back to 222, then either:

1. You were drunk, and everything is clearer now that you slept it off.
2. It was a pre-release you got by mistake, and they fixed it.

I hope this helps.

It seems there are a few claims of S224... Very few but sounds like there's a major issue with the joeys not being able to view live tv only access DVR content. Or the theory cac303 has could be correct.

TroubleshooterMike said:
It seems there are a few claims of S224... Very few but sounds like there's a major issue with the joeys not being able to view live tv only access DVR content. Or the theory cac303 has could be correct.

This is what I made my deduction from. I certainly don't claim to be a Dish employee or a source of Dish news. My post was based purely on speculation as I have seen people mention S224 here and there and usually the way things go around here people don't lie about their software upgrades. In the past every time I have seen mention of new software being released before another test release is out to the public it would mean that said previous release was scrapped due to bugs which again I read about here.

OP if you have a camera you could always post a screenshot for all the skeptics.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Here you go guys. Have more fun criticizing me.
Hopper.jpgjoey.jpg

At the risk of catching more negative comments, there are differences with this version that are not working as well as my previous version. I believe this version offers many opportunities that could be addressed to make the next version better. If I select the Record Series Timer option for a PTAT channel it creates a timer for new and reruns but in the daily schedule it crosses it out with yellow. My older version would tell me that the crossed out timer is already scheduled to be recorded or is not a new episode. I do not get any of the explanation at all. If I use the Save Series on the DVR recorded shows it does not save all of the shows selected it only saves the one I was selecting and it appears it is only doing a Save not Save Series. These are the most noticeable things that are not the same or in my opinion need to be corrected.

So what are the new upgrades?
This is what happens, there's a report of someone getting the new software yet little information about it's content. When the masses get it immediately there's numerous reviews and critiques.
I suppose it could be chalked up to the numbers but it always seems to be the same situation. :coffee

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)